Building my first rig, feedback apreciated :)

So after 6 years of use on this current pc I'm planning ot build a new one. Since the one I am running is mostly a stock pc and houses pretty old components upgrading isn't really an option, so I decided to opt for a totally new fresh build.

6 years ago I pretty much didn't have any knowledge about pc's that has dramastically changed since then, but eventhough I feel like I know a lot right now I still would ike to get some feedback so I can be sure about my build. I feel like I know enough about RAM, CPU's and Video cards, however my knowledge about motherboards etc is kinda lacking. 

I've been collecting some parts over at partpicker and I'm pretty hapy with what I have right now. 

My plans: 

So I'm also doing some multimedia work like photoshop and adobe after effects and I know this pc can conatin better components for this kind of use however I should not that in around half a year from now I will be getting a high end laptop since I need that for mys study which I'll be doing so thats why I decided to got with mid tier components. Also I'm not planning on planning games which require a really high end build to run at high settings, the only game I'm kinda interested in of that department is rise of the tomb raider but I think this pc will be able to run it. 

Components:

As you can see I have chosen a AMD rx 480 atm however I thinking of going for a GTX 1060 after I've seen some of the benchmarks so that's not set yet. At first I also just had a HDD but my friends told me to go for a SSD but I find them to be quite expensive so that's why I went with and hybrid. ALso since the rest of my setup is mainly Black-White-Blue I kinda want to keep it along those lines.  

Extra Info:

So since I will also be getting a high end laptop next year I don't want to make this PC to expensive, I'm trying to stay around the €900 and I definitly don't want to go over the €1000. 

Also first I had the i5 6600K but after I looked into some overclocking stats I think I won't really need it and this CPU can boost to 3,9GHZ and the one I'm running right now only has 3.2 so that should be plenty. 

You may have seen that I do not have a cooler chosen that's becauce I bought a  Cooler Master 212 Evo about 2 months ago so I'll be putting that in this PC.

I live in the Netherlands and since most of the things I read and watch are form the US or other foreign counries I don't know how things are situated in the Netherlands. 

It will about 2 months orso for me to get my money so nos haste but I decided to plan ahead already so by the time I would finnally have my money I would be ready and I will be able to get it immediately.

Thanks for the help in advanced guys and if you have any question just ask me! 

Have a nice summer ;)

Kind regards from the Netherlands,

DEDAAN

ScreenShot_20160710125134.png

don't get a z170 board if you aren't gonna overclock, its a waste of money. also, get a ssd+hdd combo instead of hybrid if you can. that psu isn't good btw, get something else.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

don't get a z170 board if you aren't gonna overclock, its a waste of money. also, get a ssd+hdd combo instead of hybrid if you can. that psu isn't good btw, get something else.

k, thanks for the fast response I'll take a look into it :)

I am not 100% on that PSU... Check out the PSU thread on LTT about the tiers of PSU and choose one from there! I would wait for the 1060 and then make ur choice! I think the 480 was waaaayyy over hyped but is stilla great card for the money

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Maybe go for a Asus B150 for the motherboard? 

00100101 00110000 01111100 00100101 00110000

3 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:

I am not 100% on that PSU... Check out the PSU thread on LTT about the tiers of PSU and choose one from there! I would wait for the 1060 and then make ur choice! I think the 480 was waaaayyy over hyped but is stilla great card for the money

thanks, I'll go and take a look ^^ my friend just bought a amd 480 seems to be doing pretty good, but i tend to like nvidia cards a little more because of the software lik geforce experience

i'd recommend this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€252.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-PRO3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€55.75 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€62.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€81.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.66 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card  (€269.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H25 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€40.43 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€64.35 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €879.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-10 13:20 CEST+0200

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, DEDAAN said:

thanks, I'll go and take a look ^^ my friend just bought a amd 480 seems to be doing pretty good, but i tend to like nvidia cards a little more because of the software lik geforce experience

Yeah I have used both over the years and Green Team is for me! The Nvidia drivers and software features just seem to trump AMD for me! Also look at a small maybe 120gb SSD for boot... It really does make a world of difference and worth it! Get a smaller HDD to reduce costs if needed...

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

1 minute ago, Samsterstorm said:

Yeah I have used both over the years and Green Team is for me! The Nvidia drivers and software features just seem to trump AMD for me! Also look at a small maybe 120gb SSD for boot... It really does make a world of difference and worth it! Get a smaller HDD to reduce costs if needed...

yeah was thinking of doing something like this before, might look back into it

4 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

i'd recommend this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€252.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock B85M-PRO3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€55.75 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€62.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€81.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.66 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card  (€269.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H25 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€40.43 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€64.35 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €879.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-10 13:20 CEST+0200

mmh looks interesting, might involve some parts of this with some of the build i have right now

3 minutes ago, DEDAAN said:

yeah was thinking of doing something like this before, might look back into it

Yes u really should! Wakes up the whole OS experiance not just boot, its a must have set up now a days! Good Luck m8!

4 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:

Yes u really should! Wakes up the whole OS experiance not just boot, its a must have set up now a days! Good Luck m8!

Thanks really apreciate the quick help! ^^

12 minutes ago, infraRED said:

Maybe go for a Asus B150 for the motherboard? 

yeah, as I said don't have a lot of knowledge about boards so :3

If you're not overclocking you won't need a Z170 board, maybe an H170 board instead? Also that PSU isn't the best as a couple of others have said, but you also don't need that much power for a 480 or a 1060, unless you're going to go with a Crossfire/SLI setup later on. For one card 500W will be plenty, and you could probably get away with 400W without any issues. 

So I got a couple of friends to help me and this is the result for now, I also got a new PSU but Azerty doesnt have that one so I need to find a new one the did however have a 450 Watt version of it, do you guys think this might be anough or?

ScreenShot_20160710165812.png

13 minutes ago, DEDAAN said:

So I got a couple of friends to help me and this is the result for now, I also got a new PSU but Azerty doesnt have that one so I need to find a new one the did however have a 450 Watt version of it, do you guys think this might be anough or?

ScreenShot_20160710165812.png

Dont get a z170 board with a non-k cpu. Either get an i5 6600k+heatsink or get a cheaper h110/b150/h170 boards.

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Dont get a z170 board with a non-k cpu. Either get an i5 6600k+heatsink or get a cheaper h110/b150/h170 boards.

K thanks for the update I already have an 212 evo at home so heatsink is not the problem, everything else looking fine?

And yet again lots of changes we're made, me and my friends did some more  research and we came to the conclusion that overclocking is worth so im doing that now and I also got a PSU now u can check the list below. Also little less RAM but I can add another 8GB later down the line if I need it :)ScreenShot_20160711001113.png

1 hour ago, DEDAAN said:

And yet again lots of changes we're made, me and my friends did some more  research and we came to the conclusion that overclocking is worth so im doing that now and I also got a PSU now u can check the list below. Also little less RAM but I can add another 8GB later down the line if I need it :)ScreenShot_20160711001113.png

Kingston v3000 is not good, get something like an sp550/trion instead. 

21 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

Kingston v3000 is not good, get something like an sp550/trion instead. 

So I took your advise and this is what I have now, only thing I'm worried about is that some friends of mine are telling me that the PSU is on the edge with 500 WATT and that I should maybe go for a higher one? 

ScreenShot_20160711230119.png