Upgrade or new?

My PC sucks, that's just a fact. It's a pre-built heap of junk that I should've looked into before letting the salesmen sell it to me, and I was ripped-off/overcharged so hardcore. And now I'm going to need a better PC for video editing (and also maybe gaming), the PC I'm dealing with right now is the Acer Aspire TC-220, so my question is this: would it be possible to upgrade any parts, and if so, which ones? Or should I cut my losses and edit on my laptop (which is actually better than my PC) until I can afford a new, better PC?

If the prebuilt pc has a standard cpu socket, i recommend getting a more powerful one as you mentioned that you need it for editing. I haven't checked out that model but if the socket is lga1151 i recommend a i5 6500 quad core skylake. It's about $200USD. However if the cpu is not the only bottleneck, you should just save up for a new one. Check out my post i have a budget pc list. If you think its too expensive you can swap out the 960 for sth cheaper like a 760 or 750ti.

52 minutes ago, StevieKnox said:

My PC sucks, that's just a fact. It's a pre-built heap of junk that I should've looked into before letting the salesmen sell it to me, and I was ripped-off/overcharged so hardcore. And now I'm going to need a better PC for video editing (and also maybe gaming), the PC I'm dealing with right now is the Acer Aspire TC-220, so my question is this: would it be possible to upgrade any parts, and if so, which ones? Or should I cut my losses and edit on my laptop (which is actually better than my PC) until I can afford a new, better PC?

i went to search the pc you mentioned and it doesnt seem bad. an amd quad core and 16gb of ram.as for the gpu, its slightly worse than a 750ti which is a very good budget card and since youre only doing light work i dont see whats wrong

10 hours ago, StevieKnox said:

We need specs to give accurate advice for this sort of thing, sellers/manufacturers update computer specs without changing model number

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae