Ultrawide QHD with integrated graphics

CBojorges
Go to solution Solved by iNoa97,
1 hour ago, CBojorges said:

Hi guys.

I wanna upgrade my monitor and was thinking of buying the Samsung LS34E790CN. The problem is I haven't bough a graphics card yet so I was wondering if my core i5 6500 could drive it. 

Should I buy the graphics card first?

Also I was thinking on buying latter a gtx 1080 but I'm not sure if it would bottleneck with that cpu or if it's overkill for that screen.  

I'm not really able to choose another screen as I want an ultrawide qhd and in my country that's the only option for a reasonable price. 

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Thanks.

For doing mostly everything except for gaming then yeah it should work fine. But just don't open a game you get like 2 fps and then crashes.

The 1080 wont bottleneck the 15 6500 it can keep up with it. And the GPU buying point is up to a. If you wan't to game now, or later, and b. If you have the money.

And you've come to the right place

Hi guys.

I wanna upgrade my monitor and was thinking of buying the Samsung LS34E790CN. The problem is I haven't bough a graphics card yet so I was wondering if my core i5 6500 could drive it. 

Also I was thinking on buying latter a gtx 1080 but I'm not sure if it would bottleneck with that cpu or if it's overkill for that screen.  

I'm not really able to choose another screen as I want an ultrawide qhd and in my country that's the only option for a reasonable price. 

Thanks.

the 6500 will run the ultrawide monitor fine as long as you're not playing crysis 3

imo, I'd go for a 1070 and spend the cash saved on an i7

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 hour ago, CBojorges said:

Hi guys.

Thanks.

For doing mostly everything except for gaming then yeah it should work fine. But just don't open a game you get like 2 fps and then crashes.

The 1080 wont bottleneck the 15 6500 it can keep up with it. And the GPU buying point is up to a. If you wan't to game now, or later, and b. If you have the money.

And you've come to the right place

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

the 6500 will run the ultrawide monitor fine as long as you're not playing crysis 3

imo, I'd go for a 1070 and spend the cash saved on an i7

Thanks. I'll check out pricing on the 1070 as soon it's released here.