Electrical Panel Mod, Still Dreaming

So this is something I have been wanting to do for a while, but getting past the wife is a challenge.   I see people do the Wall mount computers... BUT I want an IN-THE-Wall computer that is flush with the drywall and sitting between studs!

I want to take a 48 Space Breaker Panel, and use it as a computer case.  In theory I could fit 2x240mm Rads, and M-ATX MOBO, GPU, SFX PSU, and a few SSD's.  I would mod the front cover and well if you look at the picture bellow you should get the idea...

There is about 1 inch of clearance behind the Rad for airflow.

Maybe someone out there can take this Idea and Run with it since the wife isn't that on board....

electrical panel.jpg

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Cooling would be challenging in that.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

That would be an amazing thing to do! The only thing is getting the hot air out of it somehow. Perhaps an exhaust fan going outside or something.

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

5 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Cooling would be challenging in that.

I agree but as long as he left enough clearance behind the rads it shouldnt be to much of an issue.

The thought was that the bottom rad would be an intake and the top an exhaust...  The top fan filter was/is more for looks/symitry.

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

12 minutes ago, ryanmmax said:

So this is something I have been wanting to do for a while, but getting past the wife is a challenge.   I see people do the Wall mount computers... BUT I want an IN-THE-Wall computer that is flush with the drywall and sitting between studs!

I want to take a 48 Space Breaker Panel, and use it as a computer case.  In theory I could fit 2x240mm Rads, and M-ATX MOBO, GPU, SFX PSU, and a few SSD's.  I would mod the front cover and well if you look at the picture bellow you should get the idea...

There is about 1 inch of clearance behind the Rad for airflow.

Maybe someone out there can take this Idea and Run with it since the wife isn't that on board....

That's different to say the least, I guess you could if your really wanted as mentioned you will need to accommodate for cooling as long as you were to say replace the solid front door. For IO and stuff I would probably recommend using extensions and routing it to wall plate if you wanted it to look really seamless.