Which is the best gaming headset for £70 max?

asim1999

Best headset for £70?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these headsets is best for £70

• Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 analogue
    • Kingston HyperX Cloud II
    • Corsair VOID RGB

Which if these headsets is Best your opinion and why? Also apparently the Roccat has the best surround sound due to it taking sound directly from the motherboard via 4 3.5mm jacks and multiple large drivers in each ear. Do the other two have surround sound that is as good?

i will mostly be playing FPS games like BF4 and also plan to play BF1 and Titanfll 2 so please factor that in. I will not use these for music and movies

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

clouds

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

9 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

clouds

I've heard great things about those, but I've heard that the surround sound sucks though, you see, my monitor sucks and also my eyesight, so a little extra spatial awareness would be good, erotically in BF4 where enemies sneak up behind me and knife me 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

1 minute ago, asim1999 said:

I've heard great things about those, but I've heard that the surround sound sucks though, you see, my monitor sucks and also my eyesight, so a little extra spatial awareness would be good, erotically in BF4 where enemies sneak up behind me and knife me 

its a £70 headset what do you expect, really for the most spacially aware audio you want open headphones

You could try running razer surround which is a 3d virtualisation software to help enhance the positional audio, but honestly a good set of stero headphones will do

Id say spend your money on a set of headphones and mod mic, but the modmic is £40 so you might want to save up a bigger budget to get some proper headphones

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

its a £70 headset what do you expect, really for the most spacially aware audio you want open headphones

You could try running razer surround which is a 3d virtualisation software to help enhance the positional audio, but honestly a good set of stero headphones will do

Id say spend your money on a set of headphones and mod mic, but the modmic is £40 so you might want to save up a bigger budget to get some proper headphones

Well I have £120 to spend as it was eid yesterday. I am probably gonna spend it on headset and a mouse as i am using peripherals from 2004. Will probably save up for a full mech keyboard when the second eid rolls around in September 

Cloud 2's they're awesome. 

PS, I'm from the West Midlands too.

I would say they're probably all pretty good. I voted for the Kingston Hyper Cloud II as being the best technically speaking. But here's the kicker friend. You should really get what's best for comfort imo. For instance, I tried lots of different headsets, and found the Rig 500E to be the best for me. Now it's comfort level is 11/10. I tried a few others, and while their sound quality may've been a tad bit better, their comfort factor was nowhere near the plantronics. Just something to think about. The big thing is, though, I wear thick-framed glasses, so many headsets that are fine for other people would cause intense pain to me after using them for any longer than 30 minutes or so.

1 hour ago, Takkun said:

I would say they're probably all pretty good. I voted for the Kingston Hyper Cloud II as being the best technically speaking. But here's the kicker friend. You should really get what's best for comfort imo. For instance, I tried lots of different headsets, and found the Rig 500E to be the best for me. Now it's comfort level is 11/10. I tried a few others, and while their sound quality may've been a tad bit better, their comfort factor was nowhere near the plantronics. Just something to think about. The big thing is, though, I wear thick-framed glasses, so many headsets that are fine for other people would cause intense pain to me after using them for any longer than 30 minutes or so.

True i have severely impaired vision so i do wear very strong glasses. They are so strong in fact that i get headaches when doing stuff that is in close range e.g PC gaming so glasses arent an issue for me

Good insight nonetheless