Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600mhz but, the CPU-Z says that my memories are 666.3mhz. Why?.

Here some photos of CPU-Z.

Why it says 666.3mhz?.

post-15806-0-07153000-1380820451.jpg

post-15806-0-61289100-1380820456.jpg

DDR3 stands for Double Data Rate version 3 so double whatever value CPU-Z gives to find your true speed and as mentioned above it looks like you need to enable XMP profiles in your BIOS.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The devil is temping you, or... check the bios, cpu-z reads wrong sometimes.

cpu Z isn't reading wrong. It's DDR memory which is double data rate. Double 666.7 and you get 1333 which is his frequency.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

cpu Z isn't reading wrong. It's DDR memory which is double data rate. Double 666.7 and you get 1333 which is his frequency.

Ohhhh

Ohhhh

you learn something every day :P

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Go into your BIOS and enable XMP memory.

how i do that?. in bios where is the xmp?

how i do that?. in bios where is the xmp?

Depends on your bios, but somewhere in the memory settings you should see a 'memory profile' setting. Change that from whatever it's on, to X.M.P.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Depends on your bios, but somewhere in the memory settings you should see a 'memory profile' setting. Change that from whatever it's on, to X.M.P.

and after that?, that's all?.

and after that?, that's all?.

Yup, save and exit from the bios and when you check CPUz, you should get something like 800mhz, meaning that your memory is running at the advertised 1600mhz speed.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Yup, save and exit from the bios and when you check CPUz, you should get something like 800mhz, meaning that your memory is running at the advertised 1600mhz speed.

i can't see  'memory profile' setting' :(

Alternatively, you could enter the timings, frequency and voltage in manually. It only takes a minute. :)