Laptop refuses to connect through wifi and demands that I use a cable? Help me please

DanielMor
Go to solution Solved by Kurt101,

I have to go now, but what you need to do is find the model of wifi card, go the its support website download the drivers, and these drivers should work, what you have been doing is downloading the wrong drives, hope this helps :)

I bought a newish laptop for my 10 year old brother (Dell Studio 1558) and it's amazing, just one little problem:

I keep trying to look for wireless connections to connect to from the laptop but it won't search or show any, when I use the windows troubleshoot feature it tells me that the fix is to insert the internet cable, also when I install the drivers everytime and look at the name of the drivers it seems to be drivers for wired internet and not wireless.

Is the problem because of me installing the wrong drivers (I tried about 7 different drivers, none worked all same issue)? What can I try to do to fix this issue?

Btw; the internet and everything else works when I connect the internet cable, but wireless it won't.

Please help me, I can't wait to give this to my brother as a gift :)!

you have the wrong wifi drivers. 

go to the laptop maker's support page, then download the drivers there. if that doesn't work, find out the model of the wifi adapter, then go the that maker's support page.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

what he said, also could you go into device manager (search in search as exact) go to wireless adaptors and tell us what you see

10 minutes ago, Kurt101 said:

11 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

12 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

dd9cd59f673f8fc9ea1fba927abc4ca1.png 

This is what I see, did I install the wrong drivers from what you see?

sorry i did not notice, by the looks of this you do not have the wifi drivers needed installed. Please try to find the model of your wifi card and tell me it, only with that can i continue to help ;)

as you can see under other devices also, you will notice network controller, thats your wifi card

I have to go now, but what you need to do is find the model of wifi card, go the its support website download the drivers, and these drivers should work, what you have been doing is downloading the wrong drives, hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, Kurt101 said:

Life savor, <3!!!!!!!!