Mi Graphic Card Goes 98°c

TheMavericks

Hello, Mi graphics card goes up to 98°,I already change de thermal paste , help.

What card do you have? Overclocked? Overvolted?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

What are your system specs?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

6 minutes ago, TheMavericks said:

Hello, Mi graphics card goes up to 98°,I already change de thermal paste , help.

(Es usted espanol?)

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, aisle9 said:

What card do you have? Overclocked? Overvolted?

EVGA GTX 960 SSC

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

(Es usted espanol?)

Thermaltake 750w 80+gold

8 RAM corsair vengance

Z97 GAMING 5

i7 4790

gtx 960 EVGA SSC

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Thermaltake 750w 80+gold

8 RAM corsair vengance

Z97 GAMING 5

i7 4790

gtx 960 EVGA SSC

6 minutes ago, TheMavericks said:

EVGA GTX 960 SSC

Something is very, very wrong there. I have the 4GB model of that card, and I can't get it to crack 80C if I try.

Do you use MSI Afterburner, by chance? What does your fan curve look like? What percentage are the fans at at, say, 70C and 80C?

What were the temps before you changed the thermal paste? Are you sure you re-seated it properly?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Something is very, very wrong there. I have the 4GB model of that card, and I can't get it to crack 80C if I try.

Do you use MSI Afterburner, by chance? What does your fan curve look like? What percentage are the fans at at, say, 70C and 80C?

I dont have msi afterburner.. i dont know how to show you the fan curve..

When i start a game the fans spin very fast...

3 minutes ago, TheMavericks said:

I dont have msi afterburner.. i dont know how to show you the fan curve..

When i start a game the fans spin very fast...

Ok, so fan curve shouldn't be an issue. What were your temps before you changed the thermal paste? Are you sure you re-seated the cooler properly on the GPU? What program are you using to show GPU temps?

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Ok, so fan curve shouldn't be an issue. What were your temps before you changed the thermal paste? Are you sure you re-seated the cooler properly on the GPU? What program are you using to show GPU temps?

before the thermalpaste i have that problem.

Sin título.png

There's no way you should be getting those temps with that clock speed and voltage, certainly not with your GPU fans at 100%. By comparison, my SSC maxes out at 70C in Overwatch, and the fans never come above 35%. I am overclocked, but not overvolted. 

I'd contact EVGA's customer support. You may need to RMA.

There's no way you should be getting those temps with that clock speed and voltage, certainly not with your GPU fans at 100%. By comparison, my SSC maxes out at 70C in Overwatch, and the fans never come above 35%. I am overclocked, but not overvolted. 

I'd contact EVGA's customer support. You may need to RMA.

i have bought this card a year ago... this happens me a week ago..

1 minute ago, TheMavericks said:

i have bought this card a year ago... this happens me a week ago..

One last wild guess: check for updated drivers and install them. I really doubt that will do anything, but beyond that I'm out of ideas. It sounds like something just went bad on the card, and EVGA needs to help you from here.

If anyone else from LTT has any ideas, I'll defer to them at this point. I don't see any smoking guns.

One last wild guess: check for updated drivers and install them. I really doubt that will do anything, but beyond that I'm out of ideas. It sounds like something just went bad on the card, and EVGA needs to help you from here.

If anyone else from LTT has any ideas, I'll defer to them at this point. I don't see any smoking guns.

already re-install drivers.

already re-install drivers.

Then contacting EVGA is my best idea.

Then contacting EVGA is my best idea.

how do i contact EVGA?

I would say that while you were chaning thermal paste, you did something wrong.

It just doesn't make any sence, why would you get those temps at almost 4000rpm fan speed.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, Simon771 said:

I would say that while you were chaning thermal paste, you did something wrong.

It just doesn't make any sence, why would you get those temps at almost 4000rpm fan speed.

What thing i could do wrong?

Are the fans actually spinning?  Not what its reporting in HWMon but did you actually see them spinning?

1 minute ago, BoldarBlood said:

Are the fans actually spinning?  Not what its reporting in HWMon but did you actually see them spinning?

yes.

yes.

Are you positive that you reinstalled the cooler correctly?  It sitting down flat on the GPU Die?  Can you take a picture from the top of the card?

5 minutes ago, TheMavericks said:

What thing i could do wrong?

Well I think that you didn't tighten screws enough, and heatsink isn't touching GPU as it should.

That's just a guess.

I know from my experiences, when my CPU was overheating because 3 screws were put okay, but 1 wasn't that tight, so temps would go to 90°C. Because of one little mistake.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB