First PC build help

12 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

The psu seems fine... I wouldn't recommend anything Corsair though outside the rm series. As well, as others have said though if you can get your hands on the Seasonic it is a better option than the Corsair.

Noted!

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I have access to 2 psu that seem very highly regarded:

corsair HXi 850w platinum

EVGA supernova G2 1000w gold

now I know my build doesnt require anywhere near that power...BUT first of all, these are the only 2 sizes I have access to. Second, having a larger psu will not draw more power unless the system demands it.Third, in fact according to power efficiency curves a PSU is most effecient when at roughly 50% load and since I estimate my load to be about 450w that means an 850w or 1000w will be more efficient than a 650w(albeit by a very small margin).4th and finally both should leave me with enough headroom for sli in the future should I desire it.

So with that out of the way and if you are still reading, is my thinking correct? and if so which of these 2 psu do you recommend? cost is the same!