AGP Graphics Card Questions

I would like to upgrade my legacy Pentium II gaming computer's graphics card. I don't have extensive knowledge on the AGP connector so I am posting my question here to help answer some questions I have. Right now, the computer uses an ATI Rage LT PRO AGP card with 8 Mb of video memory. My motherboard has an AGP 1.0 2x slot. Right now, I'm searching eBay for some cards and I came across this ATI Radeon 9600 XT. This is an AGP 4x/8x card and has a slightly different connector than what my current card has. My question is will this card fit in to the slot and work, or do I have to find another card? If so, could you recommend a good maxed out card that supports the AGP port my motherboard has? Thanks.

Pictures for reference:

My current graphics card: Lav5Tg2.jpg

Graphics card I'm looking at buying: IzEuMsy.png

It's not worth using Radeon 9600 with Pentium 2, get a better processor like Pentium 4 or Athlon XP. That is AGP 8X card, so its better to use a motherboard that also support AGP 8X. Back in that day (2003), I use Radeon 9500/9600 with Athlon XP and Gigabyte motherboard. In Pentium 2/3/Celeron era (1998-2000), the best graphics card in that day was Voodoo3 and Nvidia RivaTNT2.