Is the blue yeti good for streaming?

TheHappyJarhead

So i bought a blue snowball thinking it was the regular one but it turned out to be the ice version which is decent, it picks up way too much background noise though, even my pc fans when theyre running at like 1500rpm and it picks up my keyboard easily. Someone has a new yeti for sale for £65, is it worth it?.

Get a boom arm, bring the mic close to your mouth, lower the sensitivity so it doesn't pick up background noise. Alternatively, if you live in a noisy environment I would consider getting a different kind of a microphone.

6 hours ago, Verne said:

Get a boom arm, bring the mic close to your mouth, lower the sensitivity so it doesn't pick up background noise. Alternatively, if you live in a noisy environment I would consider getting a different kind of a microphone.

I agree, a boom arm would help immensely. Here's a good one: https://www.amazon.com/TNB-ARM01-Complete-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor/dp/B01EBDZHNQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8

It's fairly cheap, but if you want some really good quality, then go for a Rode one.