B150 chipset

I'm working on a build that's a black and green theme for a friend of mine's son.  I know the green isn't ideal, but that's what he wants.

I was able to find a mobo with green accents on it, made my gigabyte.  The only issue I have is it's a business chipset, and the pc will be used for gaming.  He will not be overclocking.

How would this build be with one of the new RX 480s in the video card slot.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.32 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper B7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($110.50 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.48 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT S340 - Designed by Razer ATX Mid Tower Case  ($101.63 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.58 @ Amazon) 
Total: $570.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-29 22:57 EDT-0400

It has a PCI-E 3.0 16x slot.  Which means it'll be just as fast as any Z170 board that's not overclocked.  Here's a neat fact:  all of Intel's current chipsets for a given platform (ie: LGA2011, LGA1151) are physically the same part.  Just like the CPU's.  Intel just selectively enables or disables features accordingly.

As far as your configuration goes, *really*, *really* try to get a SSD in there instead of that slow-ass WD drive.   Its almost blasphemous to configure a modern PC with a hard drive as the boot device.  May as well buy an old Core2duo if you're going to handi-cap it with a HDD.

23 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

It has a PCI-E 3.0 16x slot.  Which means it'll be just as fast as any Z170 board that's not overclocked.  Here's a neat fact:  all of Intel's current chipsets for a given platform (ie: LGA2011, LGA1151) are physically the same part.  Just like the CPU's.  Intel just selectively enables or disables features accordingly.

As far as your configuration goes, *really*, *really* try to get a SSD in there instead of that slow-ass WD drive.   Its almost blasphemous to configure a modern PC with a hard drive as the boot device.  May as well buy an old Core2duo if you're going to handi-cap it with a HDD.

He already has a SSD, tha'ts why the part isn't listed.

If you are willing to pay marginal fees for a little bit of better performance, I would recommend upgrading the hard disk to Western Digital Black.