[CS:GO] Is it hard to get to global nowadays?

JorenBus

Hello all,

I reached the rank global elite somewhere in October 2015 after around 500 hours of playtime. After that accomplishment I kinda got tired of the game and quit.

Since then the ranks have changed, which made ranking up much harder etc. (which was a good thing)

In the period between October and now, I've played a couple of times, maybe 10 hours combined in those 9 months.

Now the last time I played I recieved the rank of Gold Nova 3 or something, pretty bad (even though I played really well).

I'm now unranked again, so I have no idea what rank I will have now, I'm guessing low nova.

How hard is it exactly to rank up nowadays? Is it doable to reach global elite once again coming from low nova ranks or is it basically impossible/would take tons of time?

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

It's harder nowadays. And 80% harder if you don't have at least a 3 man premade.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

1 minute ago, Samppa221 said:

It's harder nowadays. And 80% harder if you don't have at least a 3 man premade.

To be fair, in the period when I reached global, people also said it was impossible to reach that rank if you didn't have a 5 man premade.

I managed to reach that rank anyway while playing 90% of the time solo.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

8 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Hello all,

I reached the rank global elite somewhere in October 2015 after around 500 hours of playtime. After that accomplishment I kinda got tired of the game and quit.

Since then the ranks have changed, which made ranking up much harder etc. (which was a good thing)

In the period between October and now, I've played a couple of times, maybe 10 hours combined in those 9 months.

Now the last time I played I recieved the rank of Gold Nova 3 or something, pretty bad (even though I played really well).

I'm now unranked again, so I have no idea what rank I will have now, I'm guessing low nova.

How hard is it exactly to rank up nowadays? Is it doable to reach global elite once again coming from low nova ranks or is it basically impossible/would take tons of time?

Thanks

500 hours and im gn 3 rn after a lot of trolling

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 minute ago, Julian5 said:

500 hours and im gn 3 rn after a lot of trolling

I mean, thanks for your contribution and all, but that's not exactly an answer to my question.

Since you have to be in the top 3% (around this number don't quote me on that) of all player in the game, yes it's quite more difficult now, the system won't let you rank up after 20 wins streak if you are the last of your team each time, so even if you are premade, your gonna have to carry your games to global :) Also, expect cheaters, even that prime matchmaking doesn't stop them

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

7 hours ago, JorenBus said:

Hello all,

Thanks

Yeah, it is a lot harder based of this website (https://csgosquad.com/ranks) which tracks just over 2mil players, about 0.5% are GE. This is a lot less than it used to be