Which build is better?

TreeFrog

Build A has a newer CPU, which is also unlocked (notice the K in the name), it has more memory, but doesn't have a SSD (which I am a very big supporter of).

The second build doesn't have a unlocked CPU, which is also 2 generations older, but you do have a MOBO that can oveclock, so you could get a better deal if you opt for a MOBO that doesn't handle overclocking. 8 GB ram I find to be just enough these days so if I were you I would go for 16 gigs instead.

Both power supplies are fine I guess. 

But really you have given us way to little data to asess which is better for you.

Do you plan to overclock?

what games will you be playing on the PC, if at all?

How much "futureproofing" do you want?

Other more special needs?

1 minute ago, resul4e said:

Build A has a newer CPU, which is also unlocked (notice the K in the name), it has more memory, but doesn't have a SSD (which I am a very big supporter of).

The second build doesn't have a unlocked CPU, which is also 2 generations older, but you do have a MOBO that can oveclock, so you could get a better deal if you opt for a MOBO that doesn't handle overclocking. 8 GB ram I find to be just enough these days so if I were you I would go for 16 gigs instead.

Both power supplies are fine I guess. 

But really you have given us way to little data to asess which is better for you.

Do you plan to overclock?

what games will you be playing on the PC, if at all?

How much "futureproofing" do you want?

Other more special needs?

I do not plan to overclock. I will be playing games like Fallout 4, binding of isaac, goat simulator, grow home, and maybe Call of Duty games.

Okay.

If you don't plan to overclock you should probably buy the i5-6600 processor, as it is a bit cheaper for basically the same processor. Because you don't want to overclock you can also opt for a lower price MOBO, i'm not sure which one to recommend though.

Like I said 8 gig might feel a bit on the tight side, I play Black Ops 3 and it eats my 8 gigs of ram, so I would recommend the 16 gigs of ram.

As for the hard drive, try finding a WD black as they are more geared towards heavy use (playing games). I would also recommend an SSD if you have the budget left, they're becomming cheap as dirt nowadays.

The graphics card is great IMO, but it is a bit of a anoying time to buy a GPU, the new line are just released, with the aftermarket cards not far behind probably. So wating might be a good idea, but that said you won't regret buying that card.

That's my recommendation.

if you're not overclocking, i recommend something like this, but wait for gtx 1070 stocks to arrive and prices to lower if possible. get OS from kinguin/reddit for $20-30.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($197.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H170A-X1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($76.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: AMD Radeon R3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($58.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($409.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $961.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-28 04:18 EDT-0400

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-28 04:16 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W