trying to pick a motherboard

so i am trying to pick a motherboard, and i need some info from users with more experience.
I am building a skylake PC i an fractal R5 case, and i'll be overclocking at some point i have decided on an I5 6600k, i am using wifi for internet  so i was told that i shoulde get a MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC motherborad becaus it has 2 antennas and wifi onbord.

But no SLI and I dont know if its going to be an problem. My opinion is have SLI and dont need it, instet of needing it and not having it. 

Is there  a good alternative to MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC? whould you recomend a USB wifi or a internal card like ASUS PCE-AC68?

for the motherborad my budget is more or less $/€200 = 1400 Dkk 

I don't know why you would want to use wifi on a desktop... but if you have absolutely no other choice, you are probably better off to pick a board without wifi, then install a wifi add-in card. Boards that come with wifi usually are premium boards, or the wifi is crap. they dont really make budget wifi overclocking boards.

Either extend your budget and buy a quality board to get a quality wifi. or buy a cheap board and use add-in card imo.

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

I don't know why you would want to use wifi on a desktop... but if you have absolutely no other choice, you are probably better off to pick a board without wifi, then install a wifi add-in card. Boards that come with wifi usually are premium boards, or the wifi is crap. they dont really make budget wifi overclocking boards.

Either extend your budget and buy a quality board to get a quality wifi. or buy a cheap board and use add-in card imo.

Cool thanks, and yes i have no choice i point of internet. do you have any recommendations of for a board?? 

What is your budget? I could just say get Z170 Deluxe and be done with it, but its a pretty pricey board.

Please tell me your budget and in what currency and i'll try to find something decent for you.

32 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Please tell me your budget and in what currency and i'll try to find something decent for you.

I live in Denmark, and my budget is 1400 DKK or 210 USD for the mainboard.

thanks for the help :)  

1 hour ago, Creo _ DanGer said:

I live in Denmark, and my budget is 1400 DKK or 210 USD for the mainboard.

thanks for the help :)  

Sounds good. I'll get to you in a bit (gaming with siblings atm)

54 minutes ago, tacos4lfiealways said:

i am also looking for a motherboard

Motherboard for which CPU? what workload? what is your budget and do you care for any particular connectivity or aesthetic?

the intel core 15-6500 um mainly just games like overwatch on a small monitor i am not sure what you mean by connectivity and everything else in my build is black but that was a coincidence so i don't care.

Thanks for the help 

40 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Sounds good. I'll get to you in a bit (gaming with siblings atm)

Motherboard for which CPU? what workload? what is your budget and do you care for any particular connectivity or aesthetic?

@Creo _ DanGer

Okay, so looking online it seems there are some pretty reasonable options for you in your price bracket. I'm honestly not the very best person to know about network adapters, but I have some professional experience with internet. From what I know, and from reviews on Newegg.ca and PCpartpicker, it looks like your best choices for a network card is this

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/G4H323/tp-link-wireless-network-card-tlwdn4800

It has a rated limit of 450 Mbps (although its unlikely you will ever need that much). Dual band 2.4-5GHz tech, meaning you can get additional signal power when you need it, and additional bandwidth when you don't. 3 Antenae, and fits into a PCIE X1 port, which pretty much every motherboard ever has. Its also made by TP-Link which is a company that works almost solely in networking and wireless devices (as far as i'm aware)

This particular card comes in 3 models. I recommended the " TL-WDN4800 ". If you need to save money, you COULD go with " TL-WN881ND" (lesser model) or "TL-WN781ND (Bottom model). All three of these have good ratings, good bandwidth, reasonable signal strengths and features. Of course, you get much better with the more money you spend, but if budget is tight, any of these will probably work for your needs. Just plug it into an available x1 slot on your motherboard and you'll be good to go!

When it comes to motherboards, there are a few options to keep you in budget. I Personally have an Asus Z170-A. Solid board. around 150 USD. has everything you could want or need on a board with solid overclocking potential. There is also the Gigabyte Gaming series if you're not interested in the black and white Asus Z170-A motherboard. Getting a Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming-3 (or maybe gaming 5 if its within your budget) is more affordable than the Asus Z170-A, and still has everything a guy could probably want, and its primarily black and red. There are also MSI counterparts such as MSI Z170A Gaming m3 or gaming m5 (the gaming M3 doesn't have USB type C connector, thats its only drawback compared to these other ones).

Thats a pretty solid motherboard list; you couldn't go wrong with any of those boards, and I believe they all support SLI (although i'm not 100% sure on the M3, so double check that). check them out and pick whichever one you want or is most affordable to you (or more available) or whichever is most aesthetically pleasing, or for whatever other reason you want. enjoy =)

@tacos4lfiealways

Your two most ideal motherboards for your needs fall in the 100 dollar area, and they're both from gigabyte. You have the GA-H170-Gaming 3, which is excellent. and you have the GA-H170-D3HP which is also excellent!

When you compare the two, the D3HP has better USB options; it supports USB 3.1 (type A and type C) and is primarily black. The gaming 3 supports an additional M.2 port, and has SLIGHTLY better audio, although its not like the D3HP is lacking in that department. Neither of these boards support SLI, but they both support Crossfire. (not that you are likely to be doing multiple GPU setups with a 6500, but that's something to keep in mind)

The reason I've used only these two and they're at the low end of your requested budget is that in most situations, the price of a motherboard does not increase the performance of a system. almost every motherboard will perform very similarly to every other board out there (of the same chipset). This can vary a bit if you start overclocking, but thats something you don't need to worry about with a 6500. So then it becomes a matter of connectivity and aesthetics. These two boards have all the connectivity a guy could ever reasonably use, so spending more doesn't make any sense. you COULD spend less, but then you lose out on connectivity, so that doesn't make a ton of sense.

My recommendation for you is the D3HP, its cheaper of the two, primarily black, has USB 3.1, and is an all around good board from a good company. enjoy!

yeah using a wlan pci-e card would make the search for a motherboard a bit easier.

A good overclockers board arround the $200,- ish price mark.

Asrock Z170 OC Formula.

Other interesting boards you might take a look at.

- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming GT.

- Gigabyte GA-Z170X Designare.

- Asus Maximus VIII Hero.

- EVGA Z170 FTW

On 27/6/2016 at 8:47 AM, Zyndo said:

Thats a pretty solid motherboard list; you couldn't go wrong with any of those boards, and I believe they all support SLI (although i'm not 100% sure on the M3, so double check that). check them out and pick whichever one you want or is most affordable to you (or more available) or whichever is most aesthetically pleasing, or for whatever other reason you want. enjoy =)

Thanks