PfSense Port Forwarding Issues

Here is a screenshot of my port forward settinsgs https://gyazo.com/f12d6e09b2723a7dff72d3f96a839d30 I have a minecraft server and the firewall on the server machine is disabled. When I do a port check it says the port is open but when trying to connect it says it cant find the server pls help.

UPDATE: Connecting with ipv6 works find but not ipv4

UPDATE2: I have revcieved this error and I don't understand what it means. 

• There were error(s) loading the rules: /tmp/rules.debug:148: rule expands to no valid combination - The line in question reads [148]: pass in quick on $WAN reply-to ( em0 [myipv6 adress] ) inet6 proto { tcp udp } from any to 192.168.1.105 port 25565 tracker 1466974036 keep state label "USER_RULE: NAT " @ 2016-06-26 13:58:06

are you sure your using the correct LAN IP?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

2 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

are you sure your using the correct LAN IP?

lan works find its just connecting via wan and I assume its a problem with the port forwarding or pfsense

2 hours ago, Denboy_Kad said:

lan works find its just connecting via wan and I assume its a problem with the port forwarding or pfsense

Have you had someone else try to connect to it that is outside your local area network? Because if that works then you probably need to make sure that NAT reflection is enabled or setup properly since you are trying to connect to it from inside your network but using the external ip address.

Main PC:

Spoiler

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL16, GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER STRIX GAMING, Case: NZXT H710, StorageSamsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB NVME, Sabrent Rocket 2 TB NVME, and WD Blue 4TB 2.5"PSU: NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold

Home Network:

Spoiler

Router: Ubiquiti USG-3, APs: Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR and Ubiquiti USP-AC-PRO, Switches: Ubiquiti US-16-150W

1 minute ago, tewynkoop said:

Have you had someone else try to connect to it that is outside your local area network? Because if that works then you probably need to make sure that NAT reflection is enabled or setup properly since you are trying to connect to it from inside your network but using the external ip address.

People from outside my network cannot connect

15 minutes ago, Denboy_Kad said:

People from outside my network cannot connect

Just out of curiosity change "filter rule association" to pass. I feel like something messed up there. If that doesn't work then I would delete the port forwarding rule and anything associated with it and start over. 

https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/How_can_I_forward_ports_with_pfSense

Main PC:

Spoiler

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB DDR4-3200 CL16, GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER STRIX GAMING, Case: NZXT H710, StorageSamsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB NVME, Sabrent Rocket 2 TB NVME, and WD Blue 4TB 2.5"PSU: NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold

Home Network:

Spoiler

Router: Ubiquiti USG-3, APs: Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR and Ubiquiti USP-AC-PRO, Switches: Ubiquiti US-16-150W

4 minutes ago, tewynkoop said:

Just out of curiosity change "filter rule association" to pass. I feel like something messed up there. If that doesn't work then I would delete the port forwarding rule and anything associated with it and start over. 

Ive re done the port forward and still no results there is an associated rule with the port forward.

6 minutes ago, tewynkoop said:

Also when I do a port check it says its open but when trying to connect in minecraft it says it cant connect to the server.

4 minutes ago, Denboy_Kad said:

Ive re done the port forward and still no results there is an associated rule with the port forward.

I feel like that may be the issue (by that I mean your associated rule). If you are just forwarding minecraft through that port then you shouldn't need a filter. Just set it to pass

1 minute ago, Denboy_Kad said:

Also when I do a port check it says its open but when trying to connect in minecraft it says it cant connect to the server.

This is because the port can be open but it something is wrong with the rule/filter then its going to cause issues and you shouldn't need

Main PC:

Spoiler

Home Network:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, tewynkoop said:

I feel like that may be the issue (by that I mean your associated rule). If you are just forwarding minecraft through that port then you shouldn't need a filter. Just set it to pass

This is because the port can be open but it something is wrong with the rule/filter then its going to cause issues and you shouldn't need

With an associated or with it set to "pass" it doesnt work.

2 minutes ago, Denboy_Kad said:

With an associated or with it set to "pass" it doesnt work.

or with it set to none it doesnt work

What does the NAT rule look like that you created to go with this port forwarding rule. I saw that someone brought it up in the previous post about this issue. 

Main PC:

Spoiler

Home Network:

Spoiler

I'm just trying to get a better picture of what is going on inside of the pfsense box and see if there is anything that we are missing. 

Main PC:

Spoiler

Home Network:

Spoiler

What do you mean by what does the rule look like?

10 minutes ago, tewynkoop said:

What does the NAT rule look like that you created to go with this port forwarding rule. I saw that someone brought it up in the previous post about this issue. 

Action:Pass

Interface:Wan

Adress Family:IPv4 

protocol: tcp/udp 

10 minutes ago, tewynkoop said:

I'm just trying to get a better picture of what is going on inside of the pfsense box and see if there is anything that we are missing. 

What do you need to see?

I don't know if you have tried this already but change "Destination" to any inside of the port forwarding rule, then go to Interfaces>WAN and make sure that both "block private networks and loopback" and "block bogon networks" are unchecked.

Main PC:

Spoiler

Home Network:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, tewynkoop said:

I don't know if you have tried this already but change "Destination" to any inside of the port forwarding rule, then go to Interfaces>WAN and make sure that both "block private networks and loopback" and "block bogon networks" are unchecked.

I think the main problem is probably the WAN interface so I would change that first and then change destination to any if that fails. (hopefully it doesn't)

Main PC:

Spoiler

Home Network:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, tewynkoop said:

I think the main problem is probably the WAN interface so I would change that first and then change destination to any if that fails. (hopefully it doesn't)

Both of those failed... I have no idea what else I can do to fix this

16 minutes ago, Denboy_Kad said:

Both of those failed... I have no idea what else I can do to fix this

Use hamachi...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Use hamachi...

The point of port forwarding is to NOT use something like hamachi

The point of port forwarding is to NOT use something like hamachi

There comes a point where you just have to accept something is not going to work.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

There comes a point where you just have to accept something is not going to work.

I have a feeling that there is a solution to this

I have a feeling that there is a solution to this

Then wait for the other guy, there's no need to create a second thread...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Then wait for the other guy, there's no need to create a second thread...

maybe someone else knows that didnt see this