Recording "slave" PC

So. I plan on making a second PC after I get a GTX 1070 so I can lessen the load on my main rig.

COLOR CODING:

Green = Set-in-stone

Yellow = Might change

Red = Still deciding

Main rig (To become):
I5 4690k @ 4.4Ghz, Hyper 212 EVO
16 GB DDR3
2TB storage (likely to move some to the new PC)
600W PSU
GTX 1070

"Slave" recording rig:
A8-7600 that I have lying around; cooling TBD
MOBO TBD
12 GB DDR3 I have lying around
500W PSU I have lying around

Case TBD (Might use an old case I have)
OS TBD

Storage is lying around

GTX 960 2GB
Capture card TBD; AVERMEDIA Gaming HD?

So, what are your thoughts/suggestions on this?
I likely won't be buying all of the parts for the "slave" right away, so no rush really. 

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

I would get a better CPU. If you're going to stream from the PC, you need a decent CPU to encode and stream the content to the internet. 

Also, with a 1070 and an i5-4690k, I wouldn't worry about getting a second PC. Yours will be able to handle encoding and streaming all on its own. Use OBS, it's a super lightweight application that doesn't use up many resources. I'm sure the stream would look better coming from your host PC without going to a second one.

Same for recording. Don't worry about using a second PC with capture card and all, because it will just add more steps to the editing process. You can use Shadowplay to record game footage. It looks decent and barely puts any load on your hardware.

I used to be quite active here.

17 minutes ago, LightCode Gaming said:

-snip-

Get an SSD for your main rig, it improves overall system performance to a VERY noticable amount. Also make sure that 600w PSU is a good one.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Get an SSD for your main rig, it improves overall system performance to a VERY noticable amount. Also make sure that 600w PSU is a good one.

It's actually a 650W, just noticed that. I don't remember the model, but it's on that one guy's "good PSU" list. It might be the same 650W you have.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, Kobathor said:

-Snip-

Well, it depends what my system temps get to. I use OBS as is right now, but it still bumps my CPU up by about 5-10C (which I'm already running 65C on average as is), and GPU is about 5C warmer, but not a big deal.

I'm just making a plan for now, assuming it gets to the point that I need to. If not, I'll just use the 2nd PC as self-cam recording so I can superimpose it on, instead of having 0 chance of editing it in/out when needed.

As for the SSD, I do have one, but I need to get my OS on it at some point. My OS is on an SSHD right now.