Positive pressure VS Negative pressure

Hi, ive just brought a Corsair 750d, i love the case but i want to fill the case with Corsair AF120 quite edition fans, but the thing is i want to keep my pc as dust free as possible, i know you do this by having positive pc pressure. There is two intakes in the front three 120's in the top and one 120 in the back. I know top fans should really be used as a exhaust but if i put the AF120s as intake to get positive pressure i would not be able to see the rings on the fans. So the real question is how much difference does possitive pressure make with dust it the case will i notice big dust build up with negative pressure over positive. Any response will be greatly appreciated, Thanks Chris

Short answer yes, you will.

Negative pressure means dust will easily get in your case as-well as easily settle.

Positive pressure means dust will have a hard time getting in apart from where your intake fans are (have dust filters as-well)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Youll still accumulate dust if you dont have dust filters on your case installed. Second thing is planning the overall placement of the fans. Make rear fan as intake same as front ones and top ones as outtake. Heat always go up soo it will speed it up. Air colliding from front and rear will be sucked by top fans. Rest will blow out by all holes in the case itself. 3 in and 2 as out will make proper positve pressure...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Hi, ive just brought a Corsair 750d, i love the case but i want to fill the case with Corsair AF120 quite edition fans, but the thing is i want to keep my pc as dust free as possible, i know you do this by having positive pc pressure. There is two intakes in the front three 120's in the top and one 120 in the back. I know top fans should really be used as a exhaust but if i put the AF120s as intake to get positive pressure i would not be able to see the rings on the fans. So the real question is how much difference does possitive pressure make with dust it the case will i notice big dust build up with negative pressure over positive. Any response will be greatly appreciated, Thanks Chris

I can't resist; enjoy:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8i1Ddj1Sw8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DY8i1Ddj1Sw8

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

I can say from first hand experience that I much prefer positive pressure to negative pressure. It has made a noticeable difference.

Desktop - 3930k | Rampage IV Extreme | 64gb Vengeance RAM | 256gb 840 Pro | 2x MSI 7870 | Corsair 900D | Creative SB Z | Sennheiser HD280 | Logitech G710+ | Razer Mamba | My salary's worth of water cooling.

Server/NAS - i5-4570 | Gigabyte Z97 Ud5h | 32gb Crucial 1600mhz | 500gb Samsung 850 evo | 4x 4tb WD Reds | Corsair H80 | Bitfenix Shinobi | Windows 7 Pro |

What you could do with a case of this size is get a fan controller and set custom fan curves. So the exhausing fans would allways spin a bit lower than the intake fans -> pos. air pressure. Prolly top 3 exhaust. Front and Back intake.

who cares...