Gaming/Light editing PC

Go to solution Solved by Cavi,
3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

You can move the fan around yes.

Well then I'll stick with Ripjaws V :) Thank you for all the help! 

Hi! So I've been reading a lot and posting here on different subforums to find my perfect build. I want to order a PC mostly for gaming and some light editing/rendering etc. Past 2 days my build really evolved from something like this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/rwZwVY 

to this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/TKRvVY

(PSU is actually a Seasonic M12II 620W EVO, but couldn't find that on the list so I'm just pointing that out)

As you can see there is no Graphics card in there yet, mostly because I want to order my PC without it right now due to the availibility problems with GTX 1070 (Especially in my country). Normally I would wait some time, but I just can't wait to get my hands on a new PC after 8 years of pain with my current one. And there also seem to be some really good deals in the stroe im buying in that will last only for a few days. For that time I've got a GTX 560 Ti from my friend and a GT 220 if the first one fails on me, so that shouldn't be a problem really, I would be using that PC for web browsing and non-demanding games like CS:GO right now till I get a GTX 1070. 

You can also observe that I scrapped the Corsair PSU because people told me it wasn't really good for OC (which I'm obviously gonna do considering I chose a 6600K) and that it's just overall not worth it. The biggest change is the cooler. First I wanted to go with Corsair H60 just for the looks, but I was quickly told that 120mm AIO water coolers aren't worth it so I decided to go with an air cooler for half the price. But here's the problem, I know nothing about them. Is the one that I put on the list gonna be enough for me? I do plan to OC the 6600K, but nothing hardcore, I'll only try to go as much as I can without changing voltage too much. Can you recommend me something better for the same or close price or is it an OK choice? It would be the best if my cooler looked somewhat good and could fit into S340, but that is not a must if I can get something that performs well but looks ugly. 

I would also appreciate you opinion on the build overall. Is there anything you would change? My budget fits just tightly in the parts that I included on the list (Excluding the GTX 1070 that I'm gonna buy later). I can't really specify because prices in my country are all weird, but I hope that's enough for you to decide. I can even give you the site that operates in my currency and tell you what is my budget in that currency, if that's absolutely necessary. 

Sorry for any mistakes I made, English is not my native language and I'm still learning it. 

Looks fine, can't you find a better air cooler like the hyper 212x though? Not that the current cooler is bad.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

@Castdeath97

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I actually can, it is availible for me for a good price. It's 158mm and S340 supports up to 160mm, will 2mm of space be enough? And will it not cause issues with my Ripjaws V RAM? 

Edited by Cavi

1 hour ago, Cavi said:

@Castdeath97

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I actually can, it is availible for me for a good price. It's 158mm and S340 supports up to 160mm, will 2mm of space be enough? And will it not cause issues with my Ripjaws V RAM? 

Yes it would, since the window would be closed later it wouldn't matter. But I can't check the RAM clearance because cooler master's website is down.

Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Yes it would, since the window would be closed later it wouldn't matter. But I can't check the RAM clearance because cooler master's website is down.

The site is online now. From what I can see there would be no problem if I had the fan on the other site, but I'm not sure. Could you confirm it? 

8 minutes ago, Cavi said:

The site is online now. From what I can see there would be no problem if I had the fan on the other site, but I'm not sure. Could you confirm it? 

Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

8 minutes ago, Cavi said:

You can move the Fans up a bit if you want, or just buy low profile ram.

Pascal laptops guide