WANTED: New audio solution

Gub
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Look for AD700x/900x,598's, DT990's. They are all open and good for gaming/music.

Pick up fiio/o2/o2+ODAC later on.

G'day guys and gals, After 1 year my big alien head has broken the plastic on my corsair vengeance 2000s. Looking for new headphones and possibly a soundcard up to $200 from http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php. I use them 60% for gaming, 30% for Movies and around 10% for music. Wireless does not matter. I'll be getting them around christmas time so if there are any decent upcoming products list them in here too thanks.xTnuzWX.jpg

RMA that thing its the one redeeming thing about corsair. after you do your first RMA corsair foots the bill on the shipping I am on my 5th or 6th headset from them

RMA that thing its the one redeeming thing about corsair. after you do your first RMA corsair foots the bill on the shipping I am on my 5th or 6th headset from them

:unsure:

Maybe it's time for an upgrade?

Look for AD700x/900x,598's, DT990's. They are all open and good for gaming/music.

Pick up fiio/o2/o2+ODAC later on.

The ad700x's are $200 over here and I'm looking for a sound card in that. Can't find much on the fiio sound card.

well its worth the RMA they ship you a new in box item which you could likely sell on craigslist to help out in purchasing the next item. so why not RMA it.

It's actually been broken for a few months now, I managed to ghetto-fix it with duct tap and a few cable ties, but the crack has gone too far for me to fix now, and I doubt the would RMA it after it has been broken for that long.

no no no. just RMA it. corsair is pain free with their RMA department. and it has a 2 year warranty and the product has only been on the market for a year so it has to be RMA'd they cannot say no.

and for the 15 or 20 shipping you'd have something you could sell for 100 bucks or keep using... also they might just upgrade you to the 2100 that they announced a while back which supposedly fixed the breaking earcup

no no no. just RMA it. corsair is pain free with their RMA department. and it has a 2 year warranty and the product has only been on the market for a year so it has to be RMA'd they cannot say no.

and for the 15 or 20 shipping you'd have something you could sell for 100 bucks or keep using... also they might just upgrade you to the 2100 that they announced a while back which supposedly fixed the breaking earcup

I'll have a go at RMAing it I guess. can't hurt.

I've heard good things about the Steelseries 7Hs, but I have also heard that sometimes the earcups stop working after a few months of use. anyone got experience with these headsets?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1234&products_id=18452

Fiio e10 DAC  Zalman ZM-MIC1 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500x

All purchasable online within Australia. I got my e10 from noiseymotel (really quick free postage) and my Zalman mic I picked up in store at PCCG (like the best PC store in Melbourne evar!). The headphones though, the model down from my 700x's should be pretty legit, It's within Australia and you can pay with Paypal so you're safe  :)

If you wanna know how the Mic sounds I can send you an audio clip upon request 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

The ad700x's are $200 over here and I'm looking for a sound card in that. Can't find much on the fiio sound card.

You don't need a sound card for any of those headphones, I invite you to read the FAQ at the top of the audio forum to learn more.

Look at DT990's or 598's/595's if audio technica is too expensive.

if you liked the sound signature of the corsair the beyerdynamic dt770 is similar but better overall with a way waaaay clearer mid and much better resolved soundstage.

After having a look at the E10 and your well done FAQ, I remembered why I got these in the first place: my mic would buzz while my GPU was under stress. So I think I need a sound card with some decent shielding on it.

After having a look at the E10 and your well done FAQ, I remembered why I got these in the first place: my mic would buzz while my GPU was under stress. So I think I need a sound card with some decent shielding on it.

A sound card won't fix that, you'll need an external solution.

A sound card won't fix that, you'll need an external solution.

Does the E10 have mic support?

Does the E10 have mic support?

No. Where you plugging in the mic in the front of the case or the motherboard?

Either way, you can fix this by buying a USB mic. You can pick up a cheap one like the blue snowflake

No. Where you plugging in the mic in the front of the case or the motherboard?

Either way, you can fix this by buying a USB mic. You can pick up a cheap one like the blue snowflake

The vengeance 2000 is USB audio and mic, it uses a dongle to transmit the sound to the headphones. USB killed the buzzing apparently. 

If I can find a decent usb clip-on mic I'd be fine with that.

I don't think there is a usb clip on mic. the only ones I've seen are desktops

You can buy a zalman clip on mic, then buy a USB sound card splitter. It's a little clunky, but you can do it. Desktop mic would be simpler

You can buy a zalman clip on mic, then buy a USB sound card splitter. It's a little clunky, but you can do it. Desktop mic would be simpler

I'll see how this RMA goes first, if I don't get a new pair I'll grab the Fiio E10 and some pair of headphones, haven't quite narrowed that down yet. I'd probably get one of those zalman mics with the usb sound card if it continues to buzz.

To backup what Mayflower stated earlier if you do decide to go ahead with the upgrade I'd probably recommend taking your full $200 budget and spending it on headphones for now rather than spending nearly half an something like a fiio e10 or similar and being left with a small budget for headphones. I'd say go with the ad700x's or something to your liking and look and purchasing an external dac and/or amp in the future. You can find  a great range of headphones here, store is in Australia and they include free postage, dealt with them a few times before and it was a great experience. Pricing isn't always cheapest so look around but they're usually pretty competitive.

May I recommend a good Aussie site for audio products with free express shipping within Aus? 

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/

Look at DT990's or 598's/595's if audio technica is too expensive.

DT990's are around $400 here, 598's are around $300, and I can't seem to find the 595's in Aus :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

May I recommend a good Aussie site for audio products with free express shipping within Aus? 

DT990's are around $400 here, 598's are around $300, and I can't seem to find the 595's in Aus :/

The pro version of the DT990 is the same for all intents and purposes, but even those are $300 on that particular site. Look elsewhere if you don't want to get ripped off.

I've found the ATH-AD700X's on here for $180, and the fiio E10 for $75. Great including the free express post, but I can't find a clip-on mic or cheapo desktop mic to save my life on there.

I've found the ATH-AD700X's on here for $180, and the fiio E10 for $75. Great including the free express post, but I can't find a clip-on mic or cheapo desktop mic to save my life on there.

Keep looking!