Best 1080

ripper101

So I know I know, it's probably too early but any help is very much appreciated. I read reviews on the EVGA 1080 ACX 3.0 cooler and someone said it got 80 degrees and I'm not interested in that kind of temperature. So what is probably going to be the coolest performing 1080. I'm going to guess it may be the Gigabyte 1080 because that one looks nice and cool with 3 fans. I am actually super surprised that a card that consumes so little power that it can get so hot!

well they all are very close in performance so get the one you like the looks of.  

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

well they all are very close in performance so get the one you like the looks of.  

Do you think I should what until more reviews come out? Cause I'm probably not going to go 100% off a Newegg review, I like EVGA

I think the coolest one is the GTX 1080 MSI Seahawk ( in temperature) but the coolest looking one i agree with you is gotta be the Gigabyte one.

1 minute ago, mikat said:

strix has 3 fans and rgb :D

Asus is ew tho

Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-1080-Xtreme-Gaming-

This card looks amazing...if only I had the $$$ :( 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

New aftermarket 1080s are still yet to be released. I'd wait for a wider selection to be available before making up your mind on one particular version.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

I have the Palit SuperJetStream, it clocks in at 1910-1936Mhz all the time and it never goes beyond 70-71c.