Motherboard

2 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

there essentially the same board besides chip set 

ya i know is it best or great for gaming cause i cant afford i high prosessor like i7,im gonna using i3 and probably Corsair Ram DDR4

well if you can't afford to get a cpu, why are you wasting money on a high end motherboard? Get a mid range mobo for half that price and get a better cpu

3 minutes ago, Devara.A.Z(Dv) said:

ya i know is it best or great for gaming cause i cant afford i high prosessor like i7,im gonna using i3 and probably Corsair Ram DDR4

if you're on such a tight budget don't buy such an expensive motherboard. I'm using a basic £90 motherboard and it's been perfectly fine with my i7 and 980ti for years, save the money and get better cpu/gpu

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

1 minute ago, Devara.A.Z(Dv) said:

well the x99 version only supports LGA 2011-3 CPUs which is either an i7 or a Xeon 

but if you are putting in an i3 and you dont plan on getting an overclocking chip you would be better off with a cheaper board Like an H170 board 

6 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

well the x99 version only supports LGA 2011-3 CPUs which is either an i7 or a Xeon 

but if you are putting in an i3 and you dont plan on getting an overclocking chip you would be better off with a cheaper board Like an H170 board 

what if i buy i5?

2 minutes ago, Devara.A.Z(Dv) said:

what if i buy i5?

getting a $400 board is pointless unless you are getting a high end i7... seriously you should get something cheaper and spend more on a cpu or gpu, if you could save $200 from the mobo you could get much better other components

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

just get a h170 or b170 with an i3 

a z170 would be a waste for an i3 and an x99 mobo definitely wouldn't fit the i3

15 minutes ago, Jack Longman said:

getting a $400 board is pointless unless you are getting a high end i7... seriously you should get something cheaper and spend more on a cpu or gpu, if you could save $200 from the mobo you could get much better other components

ok

17 minutes ago, Devara.A.Z(Dv) said:

what if i buy i5?

the x99 only supports i7's and xeons and if you got an i5 6600k the z170 would be fine but if it was not a 6600k then i would still stick with an H170 board