Network goes down when computer crashes or goes into Sleep

InspectorNinja

I know the title sounds a bit...odd, but Im having a weird problem every now and then that when my computer either goes into sleep mode or has a BSoD, the router cannot access the internet or even be detected on other devices in my house. The weird part is it happened with both my ISP's modem/router combo and now with my own hardware I own. So I dont think it's something with those two. If anyone knows anything about this itd be helpful, google searching hasnt brought up anything for me.

Is your computer running any network services for the rest of the network?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

1 minute ago, mcraftax said:

Is your computer running any network services for the rest of the network?

The board supports screen casting to a phone over the shared wifi and to be its own AP with the integrated wifi card but I dont have any of the drivers installed for it because the built in wifi is rather poor. So the only things in it is just a driver for the LAN connection

10 minutes ago, InspectorNinja said:

The board supports screen casting to a phone over the shared wifi and to be its own AP with the integrated wifi card but I dont have any of the drivers installed for it because the built in wifi is rather poor. So the only things in it is just a driver for the LAN connection

No you don't have any network services on it then, ok.

Try restarting the router without the pc on and if that does not work, resetting it.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

Are the computer and router plugged into the same UPS or other power strip type of device? If they are, and there is any sort of green power features, make sure that the port the router is pougged into doesn't get turned off when the computer goes for. For example, on my UPS, my computer is plugged into the Master outlet, and whenever it uses less than 10W, the Slave outlets are turned off. This is useful for monitors or speakers, but if my router was plugged into one of those outlets it would go off too.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: