Thermal throttling

EpsilonSubunit
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

If you go to Control Panel -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings (it's a clickable thing) -> Processor Power Management, you can set it to 99% and this'll prevent the CPU from going into turbo boost. Or you can adjust it to whatever you want.

There's not really much else you can do other than taking other measures to actively cool the laptop, like using a laptop cooler (which may help, slightly)

So i just bought a new dell xps 13 i7256gb touch screen laptop and i noticed that the heat got to a really high temperature (got a warning from microsoft notifications saying it hit over 92 degrees celcius) and what i want to know is can i put in a setting somewhere to add the maximum temperature the laptop hits before it throttles. Thanks.

If you go to Control Panel -> Power Options -> Edit Plan Settings -> Change Advanced Power Settings (it's a clickable thing) -> Processor Power Management, you can set it to 99% and this'll prevent the CPU from going into turbo boost. Or you can adjust it to whatever you want.

There's not really much else you can do other than taking other measures to actively cool the laptop, like using a laptop cooler (which may help, slightly)

1 hour ago, EpsilonSubunit said:

So i just bought a new dell xps 13 i7256gb touch screen laptop and i noticed that the heat got to a really high temperature (got a warning from microsoft notifications saying it hit over 92 degrees celcius) and what i want to know is can i put in a setting somewhere to add the maximum temperature the laptop hits before it throttles. Thanks.

What? Return it.

It shouldn't be thermal throttling out of the box. This isn't an Apple product.