Windows XP Battery

STEAL7HY

My Windows XP Laptop has a problem with the battery indicator down at the bottom of the task bar where the power bar is meant to be its just a power cable when it is charging and not can someone help???

Charging:

2016-06-20 19_10_27-.png

Not Charging:

2016-06-20 19_10_27-.png

If that's an original laptop with Windows XP, it's probably so unfathomably old that the battery has completely stopped functioning, causing windows to not even show you that one exists.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If that's an original laptop with Windows XP, it's probably so unfathomably old that the battery has completely stopped functioning, causing windows to not even show you that one exists.

I can confirm this. I've got a Vista laptop that just shows an X on the battery instead of a percentage, and will immediately power down upon the removal of the cable. Chances are your battery is just super old.

ya the battery is pretty much dead 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

I can confirm this. I've got a Vista laptop that just shows an X on the battery instead of a percentage, and will immediately power down upon the removal of the cable. Chances are your battery is just super old.

Probably.

• Windows XP is currently older than Windows 2.0 was when XP was released
  • Windows XP lasted longer than WWI and WWII combined
  • Windows XP's successor's successor (Windows 7) has itself even been discontinued, in January, last year.  It's like you went looking for someone in your contacts list only to learn that their grandchildren are already dead of old age xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

52 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The laptop is like 3 years old and i went and installed windows xp on it because it was very slow and the battery works on windows 7 i know and it works for an hour and a half give or take thirty minutes so the battery isn't dead

1 hour ago, Tehepic said:

The laptop is like 3 years old and i went and installed windows xp on it because it was very slow and the battery works on windows 7 i know and it works for an hour and a half give or take thirty minutes so the battery isn't dead

It's possible it's just not compatible then.  XP is very obsolete (see my above post).