Windows Sleep Mode is causing my PC to act weirdly

PCGuy_5960

When I put my PC to sleep, it doesn't recover!! When I hit the power button, the power supply starts but the motherboard doesn't nor do the fans! Why does this happen?!

P.S. I did not reinstall Windows on my new PC when I switched from my FX-6100 to the 5820K

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Misunderstood Wookie said:

You overclock it?

or you running optimized defaults?

No, stock speeds on everything!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I think that maybe some weird motherboard setting might be causing it...

If Fast Boot is enabled- disable it.

also check if your voltages and stuff are on Auto, and enable which ever of your XMP memory profiles that allow it to post. See it what it does then.

If Fast Boot is enabled- disable it.

also check if your voltages and stuff are on Auto, and enable which ever of your XMP memory profiles that allow it to post. See it what it does then.

Fast Boot IS enabled...

All the voltages are on auto but I can't find XMP...

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Fast Boot IS enabled...

All the voltages are on auto but I can't find XMP...

Thats ok XMP just sets the DDR4 to optimized settings for the sticks to run at, it may or may cause the system to fail to post so unless you KNOW how to reset your CMOS you might as well leave it alone, just it won't break anything by using it as is is a supported feature provided the RAM is certified to run on your motherboard.

Disable Fast Boot.

Thats ok XMP just sets the DDR4 to optimized settings for the sticks to run at, it may or may cause the system to fail to post so unless you KNOW how to reset your CMOS you might as well leave it alone, just it won't break anything by using it as is is a supported feature provided the RAM is certified to run on your motherboard.

Disable Fast Boot.

Ok. But what does fast boot do that causes the PC to act like this?

It can cause the system to hang during post, it does it too mine. 

Fast Boot skips certain checks during post to "make it post faster" however reality I never see it actually improve anything that cannot be made faster by faster drives. 

In any case fast boot is a bit dodgy it works or it won't seems it comes down to exact hardware configuration it works on some but then not on others within the same platform and chipset. 

If you want to know.. my system will boot into the UEFI if I cold boot with fast boot enabled.

2 minutes ago, Misunderstood Wookie said:

It can cause the system to hang during post, it does it too mine. 

Fast Boot skips certain checks during post to "make it post faster" however reality I never see it actually improve anything that cannot be made faster by faster drives. 

In any case fast boot is a bit dodgy it works or it won't seems it comes down to exact hardware configuration it works on some but then not on others within the same platform and chipset. 

If you want to know.. my system will boot into the UEFI if I cold boot with fast boot enabled.

Hmm... I'll disable it then...