Intel i7 6700K as GPU

I am buying a new computer but holding off on the GPU for a few months as the market stabilizes. 

In my current setup I have a ATI 4870. I am going to buy a Intel i7 6700K.

Is it better to NOT plug in my 4870 in the new rig or should I use it?

The integrated graphics are probably better. However if you have multiple monitors you can connect some of them to the igpu and some to the 4870.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

intel integrated graphics are very good now. on low settings, they can run titles like crysis 3, starwars battlefront, and battlefield 4 at 30fps.

(taken from Linus's intel skullcanyon nuc review from vessel coming out to youtube tomorrow, which has lots of intel integrated graphics benchmarks)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

intel integrated graphics are very good now. on low settings, they can run titles like crysis 3, starwars battlefront, and battlefield 4 at 30fps.

(taken from Linus's intel skullcanyon nuc review from vessel coming out to youtube tomorrow, which has lots of intel integrated graphics benchmarks)

Yeah that's what I thought. Just wanted to double check with you guys if I was correct. 

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I'm crying now so much for spoiler alert, but I guess I just remain YouTube peasant. 
As for the topic, yes, Intel nailed this generation.

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

disregarding VRAM. intel integrated, to my knowledge, uses as much as needed from system RAM. the 4870 only has 512 megs, which is not enough to game any modern titles

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Seeing as youre going to have both, just plug the 4870 and see for yourself? It will take a max of 5mins to do and you can figure it out for yourself.

1 minute ago, thewipyk said:

I'm crying now so much for spoiler alert, but I guess I just remain YouTube peasant. 
As for the topic, yes, Intel nailed this generation.

i feel you. I've been using tunnel bear to get multiple 1 month trials on vessel, (for like 7 months now), but they recently changed it to a 1 week trial, and checked to make sure the same credit card wasn't being used for 2 trials, so i now have to wait 7 agonizing days with no linus, and fall to pleb level

Desktop:

Laptop:

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

nucs use iris pro graphics, which are roughly twice as powerful as their normal desktop graphics

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

disregarding VRAM. intel integrated, to my knowledge, uses as much as needed from system RAM. the 4870 only has 512 megs, which is not enough to game any modern titles

I Actually have 1GB VRAM on the card.

2 minutes ago, DrM said:

nucs use iris pro graphics, which are roughly twice as powerful as their normal desktop graphics

wow. didn't know that. thanks for the enlightenment.

Desktop:

Laptop:

Still a bit confused. Will I get better graphics or not with the i7. Thinking of buying it  right now if its better.

7 minutes ago, Charkel said:

Still a bit confused. Will I get better graphics or not with the i7. Thinking of buying it  right now if its better.

4870 is a bit faster than the i7, though not by much

1 minute ago, DrM said:

4870 is a bit faster than the i7, though not by much

Dang it. I guess i have to wait a but more then to get a good GPU.

I'd think you're probably better off just using the integrated graphics. The HD 4870 might bench better but it's quite an old card. Should any games require DX11 or DX12 I don't think it would be able to run it. Not to mention the 6700K's iGPU uses like 10 watts so you won't have any excess heat generation, whereas the 4870 is a kinda power hungry card if memory serves.