HELP! which RAM shall I get?

Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,
1 minute ago, Abdullahseba said:

Does that mean that you have to over clock it to get that speed?

and if so what is the default speed with XMP?

Default is 2400.
There is a profile for 2800 with XMP, but it just doesn't work. Setting it manually didn't work either. I would have to downclock my CPU to get to 2800, but that's not worth at all, so I kept my i7 at 4.7Ghz and called it a day.

Hi

Which RAM do you think is best?

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64GB 8 x 8GB C14 2800MHz  £325.17 http://www.ebuyer.com/743024-corsair-vengeance-lpx-64gb-8-x-8gb-pc4-22400-2800mhz-ddr4-dimm-c14-cmk64gx4m8b2800c14

HyperX Savage 8x8GB - DDR4  CL14 2800MHz  £313.36 http://www.ebuyer.com/738396-hyperx-savage-8gb-ddr4-2800mhz-intel-xmp-cl14-dimm-memory-hx428c14sb2-8

HyperX Savage 8x8GB - DDR4  CL15 3000MHz  £329.20 http://www.morecomputers.com/product.aspx?pn=HX430C15SB2%2f8&man=Kingston

Any recommendations for the best one? :S

I'll probably get the one with the most votes.

Thanks in advance.

I would use the 2800Mhz Savage. It's the most stable out of the three while beeing the cheapest. But still, it's way too expensive for beeing RAM. Why don't you use something with a lower speed? You could save some money.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

I would use the 2800Mhz Savage. It's the most stable out of the three while beeing the cheapest. But still, it's way too expensive for beeing RAM. Why don't you use something with a lower speed? You could save some money.

I'm building a workstation with as much future proofing as possible  .

5 minutes ago, Abdullahseba said:

I'm building a workstation with as much future proofing as possible  .

High speed ram isn't going to help you with "future proofing".
If at all you're going to get longer lasting RAM by using a lower frequency, which also makes it more stable.

I went with 2800Mhz Dominator Platinums myself and I have to say that it was a waste of money from a performance standpoint. I can't reach 2800, cause it's not stable, and 2133 or 2400 would've been much cheaper. The thing is, Dominator Platinums are not available at that speed. But in your case you can easily pick 2133s or 2400s.

I'd go for whichever one you like the look of. :)
You're not going to see any noticeable difference in performance between them.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

High speed ram isn't going to help you with "future proofing".
If at all you're going to get longer lasting RAM by using a lower frequency, which also makes it more stable.

I went with 2800Mhz Dominator Platinums myself and I have to say that it was a waste of money from a performance standpoint. I can't reach 2800, cause it's not stable, and 2133 or 2400 would've been much cheaper. The thing is, Dominator Platinums are not available at that speed. But in your case you can easily pick 2133s or 2400s.

1 minute ago, Abdullahseba said:

Default is 2400.
There is a profile for 2800 with XMP, but it just doesn't work. Setting it manually didn't work either. I would have to downclock my CPU to get to 2800, but that's not worth at all, so I kept my i7 at 4.7Ghz and called it a day.

Just go for less clocked memory since you will not see a difference until we have 10000Mhz memory and you will save a couple bucks

My memories of a corpse,mind full of sick thoughts.