First time PC builder

johnboy5847

Im somewhat new to the PC master race. But I just did my first rebuild yesterday, in my new In Win GT1 case. and today I installed a Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master, not so much fun for my 1st time doing so. but its in and doing its job. the highest temp was 60-65c playing Doom 2016.

the interesting thing since the Hyper 212 evo install my FPS has jumped crazy high to max 185 fps on all high settings running Heaven benchmark. also my gpu temp now maxes out around 125, as before it hit 170 to 185 temp. its all weird but very kool.

5 minutes ago, johnboy5847 said:

Im somewhat new to the PC master race. But I just did my first rebuild yesterday, in my new In Win GT1 case. and today I installed a Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master, not so much fun for my 1st time doing so. but its in and doing its job. the highest temp was 60-65c playing Doom 2016.

the interesting thing since the Hyper 212 evo install my FPS has jumped crazy high to max 185 fps on all high settings running Heaven benchmark. also my gpu temp now maxes out around 125, as before it hit 170 to 185 temp. its all weird but very kool.

Too warm for my liking, but as long as you never go above 90°C, you would be fine.

not to worried about that im running 6 120 case fans

make sure your fans are pulling air into the case and pushing the air out towards the back fan. need some good air flow in the case. also removing the side panels can help reduce so heat. other then that might need a better cooler. possible AIO from corsair if your running a serious overclock.

and make sure you have a power supply big enough, cause you can stress out a psu and that can create some serious heat in the case.

47 minutes ago, johnboy5847 said:

not to worried about that im running 6 120 case fans

I've seen people with plenty of fans running, but the airflow wasn't efficient enough to help the heat escape.

i have 4 in 2 out, 1 top back case out and 1 bottom case out. 2 top case in over APU, 2 front case in

1 minute ago, jschwisow348 said:

I've seen people with plenty of fans running, but the airflow wasn't efficient enough to help the heat escape.

another good idea would be to invest in some quality thermal paste, the stock paste that is provided most the time is crap. I've always used arctic silver 5. and as far as a good cooler I use the H7 ultimate from CRYORIG. its runs much cooler then my 212 evo by a mile. 34.95 on newegg its not a bad investment.

7 minutes ago, jschwisow348 said:

another good idea would be to invest in some quality thermal paste, the stock paste that is provided most the time is crap. I've always used arctic silver 5. and as far as a good cooler I use the H7 ultimate from CRYORIG. its runs much cooler then my 212 evo by a mile. 34.95 on newegg its not a bad investment.

need to enable amd crossfire , plz help

3 minutes ago, johnboy5847 said:

any hlp to enable AMD Crossfire

you said you had an apu right so it r7(on die) correct?

1 minute ago, johnboy5847 said:

yea an APU and R7 250x card

.its usually an option in the motherboards bios. there would be a box to check (enable crossfire)

but that's only if your motherboard supports it

3 minutes ago, johnboy5847 said:

AMD ASUS Crossblade Ranger MB

im not an amd fan, but I know you can crossfire the r7 250 with the r7 (on die) apu, not sure on an r7 250x. ill look up your board specs

2 minutes ago, jschwisow348 said:

im not an amd fan, but I know you can crossfire the r7 250 with the r7 (on die) apu, not sure on an r7 250x. ill look up your board specs

by the way that r7 250x is gonna have a 4-6% better performance then r7 250 that's integrated.

like I said im not a huge AMD fan, BUT. I am breaking down and buying the rx 480 4gb which supports VRAM. for 200 bucks  or the 249 for rx 480 8gb. and that's gonna have more then 100% performance boost over your r7 250x, it will potentially be better then my gtx 1070 which I paid 460 bucks for. imagine cross firing two 8gb rx 480s for 500 bucks. cant wait!

1 minute ago, jschwisow348 said:

by the way that r7 250x is gonna have a 4-6% better performance then r7 250 that's integrated.

like I said im not a huge AMD fan, BUT. I am breaking down and buying the rx 480 4gb which supports VRAM. for 200 bucks  or the 249 for rx 480 8gb. and that's gonna have more then 100% performance boost over your r7 250x, it will potentially be better then my gtx 1070 which I paid 460 bucks for. imagine cross firing two 8gb rx 480s for 500 bucks. cant wait!

the new rx 480 coming out on June 29th will be able to play all AA titles at 1080p with great frame rates and 1440p 60+ fps all for 199.99! consider that option before going any further with your r7's