replace my california headphone company lorado cans

elonin

Really like my loredo's but the clip that holds the cups onto the band broke.  I'm wearing them now (have them attached now using packing tape.  So I'm in the market for some closed corded headphones that are decent to good quality.  Had considered moving up to the silverado phones from the same company, but those are at the top end of what i'm willing to spend and suspect i can do better at that price.  I'm planning to wear them at work and want to avoid NSFW being overheard by co-workers (and don't want to hear office banter).  Portability isn't much of an issue.

what is your budget? sennheiser, beyerdynamic, akg are good companies for headphones

The top limit of my budget is $200.00 (flexible).  Also, i've checked out the Teksyndicate (gaming headphones suck) videos and tend to agree with them often, but am not going by them cause i'm not in the market for open phones.

20 minutes ago, elonin said:

The top limit of my budget is $200.00 (flexible).  Also, i've checked out the Teksyndicate (gaming headphones suck) videos and tend to agree with them often, but am not going by them cause i'm not in the market for open phones.

I wouldn't care much about that series of Tek Syn videos, those were some polemic and quite inaccurate videos, such as converting Logan's 8-bit songs MP3 to FLAC and back to MP3 again and saying it "did not make a difference in quality". Well, i'm not gonna start on this topic now.

On the Headphone side, you should be good with most of the AKG closed back line, if you fancy some different equipment, Denon has been making some very good headphones lately

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Thanks for the tip Chevy.  Do you have a reveiwer whose opinion you trust more?  I do like the look of the AKG's.  

For me, the one reviewer whose reviews I tend to watch more than others is Tyll Hertsens of InnerFidelity, he is quite thorough with his reviews. But no matter how good the reviewer is, it is best for you to audition the cans you're keen on since personal preference plays a big part. Here's a link to his site....

http://www.innerfidelity.com/reviews

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2