Skyrim scripted start bug

Qrko

You know the Elder Scrolls Skyrim scripted start and the wagon bug when the wagon starts to spaz out and stuff. I got the fix to it by turning my refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz but I'm thinking can I turn it back up to 144hz after the start. Does someone have any experience on this?

You can, but I wouldn't recommend it.

There are multiple reasons for the cart flip bug, the framerate being one of them. Chances are if you have a lot of scripted mods installed, you'll get the cart flip anyway, so I generally use an alternate start mod to skip the vanilla intro.

But Skyrim is a game that relies very heavily on a consistent framerate for its physics engine to work properly. Limit your framerate to 60 FPS, or you'll have a ton of problems down the road with the way the game handles scripted quests, physics, etc. 

Clock ur monitor to 60, Skyrim will have a stroke over 60. 

22 hours ago, Noire said:

I change my monitors refresh rate to 60hz when I play Skyrim and the fps stays while I play in a constant 60fps never does over that in loading screens does to around 30fps but that doesnt matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On June 18, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Noire said:

I've had that tornado physics issue with Skyrim too I think because my fps was well above 60 in game.  

I'm curious would setting my monitor to 60Hz have any impact on Skyrim like you're talking about?  I thought the problem was the game running at higher than 60fps is what causes the physics problem.  Or does the monitor refresh rate have something to do with it too?

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I've had that tornado physics issue with Skyrim too I think because my fps was well above 60 in game.  

I'm curious would setting my monitor to 60Hz have any impact on Skyrim like you're talking about?  I thought the problem was the game running at higher than 60fps is what causes the physics problem.  Or does the monitor refresh rate have something to do with it too?

No the monitor does not.  What you want is to cap the framerate at the card to forgo/limit some of the more interesting physics that can happen in the game.

6 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

No the monitor does not.  What you want is to cap the framerate at the card to forgo/limit some of the more interesting physics that can happen in the game.

That's what I thought.  I've got my monitor set to 120Hz and adaptive half refresh rate set for Skyrim which seems to have prevented the messed up physics stuff.

I'm not really sure what it means by "adaptive" but at least I can play the game without any trouble.