bad airflow?

vex_dm

Hi!

I have problem with case airflow I think. When playing games my gpu temp on r9 380 strix goes to 78C and thermal margine is about 10C but when I take side panel off temp drops for 10C. My case is thermaltake versa n21. I have 3 fans 120mm. I tried to arrange them but best was when they are all exhaust fans. One back and two up. But still it is not good like when I take side panel off. Room temperature is 21C. Is there anyway to cool my case with side panel on?

So you have no fans pulling air in?

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

7 minutes ago, vex_dm said:

Hi!

I have problem with case airflow I think. When playing games my gpu temp on r9 380 strix goes to 78C and thermal margine is about 10C but when I take side panel off temp drops for 10C. My case is thermaltake versa n21. I have 3 fans 120mm. I tried to arrange them but best was when they are all exhaust fans. One back and two up. But still it is not good like when I take side panel off. Room temperature is 21C. Is there anyway to cool my case with side panel on?

put 2 intake, 1 exhaust

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I tried that. 2 fans on front like intakes and one on back like exhaust and it was worse then 3 exhaust like now. I don't know why.

You need fans that take air into the case. :)

But there is also a issue with your GPU then. Does it instantly go to that temperature? 

48 minutes ago, Telebubbies said:

You need fans that take air into the case. :)

But there is also a issue with your GPU then. Does it instantly go to that temperature? 

For about 15min of playing. I will try to change stock cpu cooler to hyper 212.

23 hours ago, vex_dm said:

You need fans pulling air into your case also. So put some fans by the front. And having fans on the top is not necessary. It is more of a "luxury" thing to have AFTEER you have 2 fans in front, and one exhast at the back, then you can put fans in the top. 

On 6/16/2016 at 5:18 AM, vex_dm said:

That doesn't change how well your graphics card is cooled.

78c is normal inside of a case at load.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.