S340 and H115iGTX

Cyberwolf33

Just a heads up to anyone wondering, the Corsair H115i GTX does fit inside the NZXT. S340, but you'll have to remove the USB 3.0 ports on the top of the case. If you don't, there's physically no way I could find to install it without removing the bar and half-mounting the radiator. That being said, given how easy the case is to open, wifi dongles or long-term flash drives could easily be put in 3.0 ports and those put on the non-windowed side of the case. Either way, most mid-ATX or extended ATX boards have a number of USB 3.0 and 2.0 slots, so I personally don't consider it an issue.

Enjoying new 5800X/3070 build!

i thought the H115 is  the same size as the X61

and the X61 fits no problem

are you sure you had to remove them?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They would work, if you could mount the hoses on the bottom and route the 3.0 cables over the top of it. . It would be really tight and probably not good for the cables, but it works in THEORY. In practice, the hose connections push the rest of the unit up a teensy bit, too far to align all the screws, so you can't put the hoses on bottom. In addition, after doing some more installation, I don't think it's possible at all without removing 3.0, possible because of the bulk on the Corsair ones.

Normally, you could be installing the unit how they do in this video, but after some usage, I'm very unsure of the long term stability of the connection, since I move my PC quite often. The plastic fan screw holes aren't really meant to hold the full weight as much as the back of the radiator is.

But I could be extraordinarily wrong and enjoy myself some 3.0 slots in a bit.

EDIT: Looks like a few people have looked into this, the H115iGTX stock fans are actually pretty stable with the front panel mounting, no major concerns on breakage. To install it the way he did, it would just be using the long screws from outside the case, through the fans, into the rad, yeah? Can't see any use for the smaller ones and the washer if you do it this way.

EDIT 2: Edit Harder Edition: Additionally, intake INTO the radiator also appears to be fine. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2016 at 0:10 AM, Vladislav said:

True, but as it turns out, you're actually fine mounting it with the fans in the front like they did in the video. I've had it setup that way for almost two months now and it hasn't had any issues, I just have to check on the radiator every now and then to make sure it doesn't get too dusty (I have air being pulled through it, rather than pushed through it, so dust collects every few weeks)

Hi

I did mount my Kraken x61 with pull configuration, that significantly reduced the noise