1000 budget computer + 2 monitors

GamerGuy

How does this look? Is it possible to make it any cheeper by 50-100$ by any chance? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hbDMpb

It will be used for gaming and slight editing, want to get it asap so sorry about the 2nd post, 1st got lost I feel.

hi

If you are planning to record, live stream, or multitask  then go with two screens. But If you just want to play games then get one monitor.

1. Go 6500 and stock cooler and H or B chipset board
  2. Cheaper case (might only save 10 or 20 bucks tho)
  3. Get one monitor now and one later
  4. Skip the custom desk pad...

Oh, and you'll regret not having waited for the RX 480, it's double the value of a 380 for the same price (199 USD)

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

15 minutes ago, GamerGuy said:

How does this look? Is it possible to make it any cheeper by 50-100$ by any chance? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/hbDMpb

It will be used for gaming and slight editing, want to get it asap so sorry about the 2nd post, 1st got lost I feel.

looks pretty good, best of luck with the new system, do you plan on overclocking? (you have a k skew CPU and a z170 board, if you dont plan to overclock you can clamp the price a little there

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

looks pretty good, best of luck with the new system, do you plan on overclocking? (you have a k skew CPU and a z170 board, if you dont plan to overclock you can clamp the price a little there

2 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:
  1. Go 6500 and stock cooler and H or B chipset board
  2. Cheaper case (might only save 10 or 20 bucks tho)
  3. Get one monitor now and one later
  4. Skip the custom desk pad...

Oh, and you'll regret not having waited for the RX 480, it's double the value of a 380 for the same price (199 USD)

Can you link me or give me names for the motherboards I should use instead? I sadly don't have a clue about this. and will the RX 480 work with this build too, if so I'll wait, thanks!

hi

3 minutes ago, GamerGuy said:

Can you link me or give me names for the motherboards I should use instead? I sadly don't have a clue about this. and will the RX 480 work with this build too, if so I'll wait, thanks!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB DD XXX OC Video Card  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 23.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer G236HLBbd 23.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($90.98 @ Newegg) 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Other: Keyboard ($37.99)
Other: Desk Pad ($23.99)
Other: Mouse ($28.99)
Total: $1082.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-13 23:43 EDT-0400

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

11 minutes ago, GamerGuy said:

The RX480 will work with this build

14 minutes ago, GamerGuy said:

and will the RX 480 work with this build too, if so I'll wait, thanks!

Yes, the RX 480 should be able to run in any relatively modern gaming orientated computer. You should also keep in mind that although the RX 480 is looking to be a great card for $200 (or $230 for the 8gb model), relatively little is known about the RX 480 and other upcoming Polaris cards. Also, try to watch a few independent reviews of the card just to verify its performance is adequate to your needs, once the card launches on June 29th 

1 minute ago, GamerGuy said:

Why? Wouldnt the Gigabyte GA-Z170 work?

it will, but its a waste of money to get a z-170 board because it only gives you the ability to overclock your CPU, but your CPU doesn't support overclocking. But it does give you the ability to upgrade your CPU to an overclockable CPU in the future

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

it will, but its a waste of money to get a z-170 board because it only gives you the ability to overclock your CPU, but your CPU doesn't support overclocking. But it does give you the ability to upgrade your CPU to an overclockable CPU in the future

So unless you plan to upgrade your cpu to an overclockable one, like an i7-6700k in the future. It isn't worth paying more for an overclockable mobo

2 minutes ago, GamerGuy said:

Yes that motherboard would work, but it is overpriced for your needs. Z170 motherboards allow overclocking on "k" cpu's and overclocking cannot be accomplished with the 6500. With this in mind you could save another $20-30 by going with a cheaper board

1 hour ago, GamerGuy said:

Whoops, didn't mean to put a Z170 board, but it would allow for upgrading to a "k" cpu in the future

If you want to save, like, 20 bucks now, you can get this board: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/NdmxFT/msi-motherboard-b150pcmate

I'd just go with the z170 though, personally.

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

you still have the z170 board with the 6500. Look at something like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/s9Gj4D/msi-motherboard-b150gamingm3

That's only a dollar less than the Gigabyte Z170 I'd already picked!

@HPWebcamAble @PCIsMasterRace @SCGazelle

I'd like to thank you all but I'm in a huge dilemma right now, I ordered the parts an hour ago so I can still cancel my order if I act fast and found someone near me that sales the following computer (without minitors) for 800$ which is around the same price the ordered parts have costed me (minus the monitors) 

Should I cancel my order and get this used computer and buy new monitors to it or should I still to what I had?

What I ordered: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qxJRBP

What he has: 

Intel 3960k

Sabertooth x79

Corsair dominator ddr3 16G

240SSD

500GB+ 1000GB Storage

EVGA 970SSC

Please help me! Thank you!

hi