Fps When playing League of Legends

Hi, I have an EVGA 970 clocked at 1165MHz (looking in MSI afterburner, the clockspeed never changes, even though I was told boostclock was a thing) and when I'm playing league (I know it's overkill) as the game progresses, the fps of my game decreases, this is expected I'm sure.

However with a 970, should it be dipping below 60fps after 4 games? 

The temperature is below 70oC at all times and I'm just curious if this type of performance from a 970 is normal, I know I have an AMD 8350 CPU @4.5GHz, but for gaming, I thought an amazing CPU wasn't needed (That being the better Intel CPU's). 

Please, could you just give me an indication as to whether this is normal and if there are any bottlenecks I'm overlooking in my build?

Are you on the latest drivers? Also league is a CPU intensive game not so much in the graphics department. 

Wow.. I have a 970 as well and i have between 140-300 fps with league of legends. I have a 3570k at 4.4ghz and 8gigs of ram. 

Did you try turning it on and off first?

Thank you for your replys :) I've checked on the Nvidia GeForce Exp andIi seem to be on the latest drivers. If its a CPU intensive game like you say, then me having a budget CPU will probably be the cause then. And 140-300 fps is where I would like to be, so looks like I'm now in the market for a new CPU/Mobo

22 hours ago, ben_will said:

Thank you for your replys :) I've checked on the Nvidia GeForce Exp andIi seem to be on the latest drivers. If its a CPU intensive game like you say, then me having a budget CPU will probably be the cause then. And 140-300 fps is where I would like to be, so looks like I'm now in the market for a new CPU/Mobo

I have a Gtx 770 4gb + fx-6300 getting 190-280fps, is a good Cpu and is cheap :D great for gaming, i can play every game in ultra- high and it doesnt get so much temperature as i espected, so is my  recomendation for ur problem.

If you have installed LoL recently check for some bloatware. I remember I had some low fps in LoL when my system was way above the recommended requirements. It appeared that with LoL I accidentally installed pandamedia booster or something like that. It used my resources and caused low fps. Check whethere some unwanted applications are using your resources and delete em :-D 

Also you can recheck all the files via LoL launcher. Or if that doesnt help you can so a clean install of the game.  It might happen that something went wrong during the update and game isnt working properly causing low fps

There is something really wrong. Even my GTS 450 can run LoL at ~90 fps full details. Your FX 8350 is even overkill for LoL.

18 hours ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Don't ever recommend the FX-6300 plz. no flame.

If you dont like it is your problem mate, is a good processor!  
Intel fanboy detected ;)  bye mate...

1 minute ago, Jonnyswboy said:

What? It's literally a horrible processor haha.

u dont say why, you make me think you are not knowing well what you are saying ^_^

You  normally shouldn't get any fps problems I'm running the game maxed in 4k on my gtx670 and never even get a slightest drop below 60fps.
How much ram do you have?

RTX2070OC 

I have 8GB of ,linus-reccomended, cheapest RAM I could find. That could be a problem but I've been told that ram isn't much of a bottleneck when it comes to games

On 19/6/2016 at 0:54 AM, Jonnyswboy said:

keep changing ur i3 model ;) in a few days u will tell me a i7