Palit 1070 OC

ErlendLarsen

Hi!

I am looking for a new GPU, and I stumbled over the Palit 1070 that is OC. I know that the Palit is more of an european card, and isn't sold in the US.

But for those who know, is this a card that I should buy? Does anyone have experience with this brand?

Thanks! :)  

My experience with palit is eh, their customer service is ok but their cooler is not really the best. I recommend the G1 gaming or the MSI gaming as they have tried and tested coolers that look good as well

Remember to quote if you want us to see your answer ASAP!

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

My last Palit card was a 4870 and it was perfectly fine.

Due to PR and marketing (or the lack thereof) its one of the brands that gets outshined by the bigger players.

I have heard that some complains about coil whine. Is that something you experienced?

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

The cooler on the 980ti was really nice, quiet and temps were great https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti_Super_JetStream/34.html

Yeah, I was thinking about the 1070 Super JetStream. But on many other forums they recommend buying other bigger brand cards, but in the reviews it seems like its a card that you can compare to EVGA etc. 

In Norway the Super Jetstream costs 570USD or around 500EUR... These prices are kind of high, but will these prices fall? Or is this the actuall recommended retail price?

33 minutes ago, ErlendLarsen said:

In Norway the Super Jetstream costs 570USD or around 500EUR... These prices are kind of high, but will these prices fall? Or is this the actuall recommended retail price?

Prices won't get lower soon.

Most of the stock is sold out at that price, so why would they lower it?

Don't expect huge price differences in next 6 months. Maybe 10-20€ up/down.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

38 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Prices won't get lower soon.

Most of the stock is sold out at that price, so why would they lower it?

Don't expect huge price differences in next 6 months. Maybe 10-20€ up/down.

Maybe I should by this then... I have waited over 6 months now to get 1070 so I could build my system complete :P 

Thanks for all answers!

11 minutes ago, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

I had 2 a palit gtx 970. Both had coil whine.

Was this something that bothered you in everyday life? Else, was you happy with it?

Had Palit cards before, had no issues with it at all

2 hours ago, ErlendLarsen said:

Hi!

I am looking for a new GPU, and I stumbled over the Palit 1070 that is OC. I know that the Palit is more of an european card, and isn't sold in the US.

But for those who know, is this a card that I should buy? Does anyone have experience with this brand?

Thanks! :)  

can't really talk for the 1070, but I read tests for the 1080 STRIX, G1 Gaming and  iChill X3. Palit offered the quietest card, and also thanks to the memory oc, one of the fastest. 

I cancelled my preorder for the STRIX and I'm probably going to order the Palit Game Rock next week.

btw: 1070 and 1080s look exactly the same 

2 minutes ago, Biecher said:

can't really talk for the 1070, but I read tests for the 1080 STRIX, G1 Gaming and  iChill X3. Palit offered the quietest card, and also thanks to the memory oc, one of the fastest. 

I cancelled my preorder for the STRIX and I'm probably going to order the Palit Game Rock next week.

btw: 1070 and 1080s look exactly the same 

This attracted me too, so hoping to see a Palit 1070 in my mail box soon. :)