New build PC keeps turning himself on #Imanoob

Go to solution Solved by LE0NSKA,

my problem wasn't solved the way I wanted but it did.. kinda

since we established the antennas fault for booting my pc, I tried to test few things here and there and the freakin' connecter just broke or something.. I couldn't get any internetconnection anymore

it's a very very tiny connector, I knew it would break if anyone would use it more than 5 times aaaaaand...surprise - it did

so I plugged my weird LAN to WiFi thingy I used for something else (looks somthing like this http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Universal-Internet-Adapter/dp/B007CO5DZ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383421509&sr=8-3&keywords=netgear+wifi) and since then - no selfboots of any kind

the problem was found but not really solved.. more like, avoided I guess. not sure if it counts as "answered" but oh well..

thanks for the help

yes, I do 64bit

Cool! thank you! I've instaled it. let's see, hope it's not a virus.. :D

the results will take a while though

its not a virus i can ensure u that cause that is provided by microsoft for u motherboard u can see that mentioned in FAQ on ur motherboard site ! 

http://prntscr.com/1w4iwv

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

its not a virus i can ensure u that cause that is provided by microsoft for u motherboard u can see that mentioned in FAQ on ur motherboard site ! 

http://prntscr.com/1w4iwv

It was just a joke ;)

but all I can say now is.. it didn't fix it...

It was just a joke ;)

but all I can say now is.. it didn't fix it...

hum

sorry for wasting ur time buddy ... ill looks for a solution and get back to u if i find one

but if i was u ill ask the motherboard company about a solution

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

go to command prompt and type these:

powercfg -lastwake

powercfg -requests

powercfg -waketimers

report back with log of what it said, should be something like this

1ahhT3R.png

In Task Scheduler, just turn everything to "Run only when user is logged on." in security options (You will have to set one by one afaik)

Open Event Viewer and check if there is anything odd going on during the time when the computer turned on.

Make sure there is no device that can turn on the PC in Device Manager

CY9Vaax.png

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

hum

sorry for wasting ur time buddy ... ill looks for a solution and get back to u if i find one

but if i was u ill ask the motherboard company about a solution

no not at all, thank you for your help!

go to command prompt and type these:

powercfg -lastwake

powercfg -requests

powercfg -waketimers

report back with log of what it said, should be something like this

1ahhT3R.png

In Task Scheduler, just turn everything to "Run only when user is logged on." in security options (You will have to set one by one afaik)

Open Event Viewer and check if there is anything odd going on during the time when the computer turned on.

Make sure there is no device that can turn on the PC in Device Manager

CY9Vaax.png

So I did this command thing once after a normal start (when I turned it on) and once when it turned itself on eventually

both times, it said the same thing..

I'd include a screenshot but I have no clue how to :D

but it said pretty much the same thing as you show

History count -0

then 3 times None. in a row and that there are no set timers

everything else, I allready did before that aswell... god damit!

but thank you very much for your help!

I know you already checked your BIOS for wake on LAN and stuff, but is it updated to latest version?

If it's not events or peripherals turning on your PC, I don't know what else could. 

Open the case up and make sure you have all pins properly installed and make sure they aren't shorting out or something weird like that. Also ensure that your power button on your case doesn't get 'stuck'.

(If you were told to do these already and everything works there as it should ignore this post, I didn't read every post)

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

Make sure all of your front panel connectors are completely seated and do the same for your 24 pin.  It might just be some sort of random short. It could also be a short in the actual 24 pin cable, which would suck.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Make sure all of your front panel connectors are completely seated and do the same for your 24 pin.  It might just be some sort of random short. It could also be a short in the actual 24 pin cable, which would suck.

24 pin? would my computer even run if there was some kind of short? because everything else is just fine... I checked the fp-connectors.. god damit, this is such a bummer

I know you already checked your BIOS for wake on LAN and stuff, but is it updated to latest version?

If it's not events or peripherals turning on your PC, I don't know what else could. 

Open the case up and make sure you have all pins properly installed and make sure they aren't shorting out or something weird like that. Also ensure that your power button on your case doesn't get 'stuck'.

(If you were told to do these already and everything works there as it should ignore this post, I didn't read every post)

I did yes... but I think I might tripple check everything again....

but maybe you missed one little information wich might help?

each time the computer turns itself on, my icons (on the desktop) get set to their default position (left aligned from top)

this does not happen if I turn the computer on / restart, only when it turns on by himself does this happen..

any new ideas? 

I did yes... but I think I might tripple check everything again....

but maybe you missed one little information wich might help?

each time the computer turns itself on, my icons (on the desktop) get set to their default position (left aligned from top)

this does not happen if I turn the computer on / restart, only when it turns on by himself does this happen..

any new ideas? 

1. Do you have any pets? Maybe your cat or dog use the PC overnight. 

2. Try plugging everything but monitor and AC power out and see if it still turns on.

3. Reinstall all drivers you have.

4. Call Ghost busters....

1. Do you have any pets? Maybe your cat or dog use the PC overnight. 

2. Try plugging everything but monitor and AC power out and see if it still turns on.

3. Reinstall all drivers you have.

4. Call Ghost busters....

"Maybe your cat or dog use the PC overnight."

that actually made laugh way harder than it should :D

..what do you mean with "everything"? like even drives, and ram?..

otherwise.. yeah.. might call them

thank you for your help nonetheless!

Just going back to the "obvious" here, I'm in no means trying to insult you.

Are you positive when you are shutting down windows you are hitting "Shutdown" and not "Hibernate" or "Sleep"?

Your issue is going to have me thinking non-stop for hours now because this is quite peculiar...

"Maybe your cat or dog use the PC overnight."

that actually made laugh way harder than it should :D

..what do you mean with "everything"? like even drives, and ram?..

otherwise.. yeah.. might call them

thank you for your help nonetheless!

by unplugging everything I meant all USB connections (printers, webcams, external hard drives,...), speakers/headphones, eSATA drives, etc. on the back of your PC. Leave everything inside the pc where it should be just to make sure it's not peripherals causing your problem. 

by unplugging everything I meant all USB connections (printers, webcams, external hard drives,...), speakers/headphones, eSATA drives, etc. on the back of your PC. Leave everything inside the pc where it should be just to make sure it's not peripherals causing your problem. 

ok, will do that! there is not much plugged in though.. just the monitor (build in usb connections) mouse, keyboard.. and thats pretty much it

could the little ASUS wi-fi antenna also cause this problem?

Just going back to the "obvious" here, I'm in no means trying to insult you.

Are you positive when you are shutting down windows you are hitting "Shutdown" and not "Hibernate" or "Sleep"?

Your issue is going to have me thinking non-stop for hours now because this is quite peculiar...

no, thats fine, sometimes it's just the most obvious.

not this time though. my power-on led on the case (Define R4) would start blinking if I'd put it to sleep (wich is, very annoying I might add)

besides. I've had computers over the years... (I'm 23)

lol, I'm sorry.. but I'm kinda bummed about it aswell.. I just hope there is nothing wrong with the hardware.. 

ok, will do that! there is not much plugged in though.. just the monitor (build in usb connections) mouse, keyboard.. and thats pretty much it

could the little ASUS wi-fi antenna also cause this problem?

I don't know it might...

Sent from my GSmart Aku A1 using Tapatalk

Guys! I've got some new interesting revelations!

So, 2 days back I tried to follow mucitel1's advice by unplugging all the peripherals. I wanted to do it step by step though, to beter determine wich one was the stinker, each time a different "thing".

I started with the monitor build in usb-hub. About a half hour later it booted itself again (so thats not it).
I shut it down and started to unplug the next thing.
And as soon as I unplugged the asus wi-fi antenna it went on! not like seconds later, but as instant as I unplugged the thing. Almost impossible to be a coincidence!
My computer booted and an error was shown! (I'd include a screenshot but I have no idea how :D)
So I'll just say what it said:
Access violation at address 0042D35A in module "TurboVHelp.exe". Read of address 00000000.
I googeld for 2 minutes and the general answer that I found was "un/reinstall ASUS AI Suite II"...so I reinstalled all the AI Suite II things just to be sure...

Howerfer: I shut down the PC with the unplugged antenna and it did NOT boot itself for the whole day!!! (never happend before, new record)

But to be sure I tried to do the same thing again: Shut down PC, unplug the thing, PC boots itself (again, but this time without an error, so the reinstalls probably did nothing)
shut PC down with the unplugged antenna, PC did not boot itself for another day again!! It's the antenna?!

TL:DR: > unplugged the wi-fi antenna, pc booted itself immediately > shut down with no antenna plugged in, pc did not boot itself > twice 

could be something to do with antenna ... but probably because of some sort of setting in bios ..

I don't know it might...

Sent from my GSmart Aku A1 using Tapatalk

got some new information, please check em out. you've been a big help so far

could be something to do with antenna ... but probably because of some sort of setting in bios ..

..well.. what setting then?

Maybe get a pci wireless card? :3

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Google "wake on pattern match". Find out where that stuff is located in your control panel and play around with those settings. 

I had a similar issue where it would always wake from sleep every time the computer recieved some sort of signal from the modem through the lan port. 

Not sure if it applies to when the computer is off, but worth a shot. it fixed it instantly for me.

my problem wasn't solved the way I wanted but it did.. kinda

since we established the antennas fault for booting my pc, I tried to test few things here and there and the freakin' connecter just broke or something.. I couldn't get any internetconnection anymore

it's a very very tiny connector, I knew it would break if anyone would use it more than 5 times aaaaaand...surprise - it did

so I plugged my weird LAN to WiFi thingy I used for something else (looks somthing like this http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2001-Universal-Internet-Adapter/dp/B007CO5DZ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383421509&sr=8-3&keywords=netgear+wifi) and since then - no selfboots of any kind

the problem was found but not really solved.. more like, avoided I guess. not sure if it counts as "answered" but oh well..

thanks for the help