about psu how many wattage is good and not danger

L0str31

my rig is down 500 watt and i find one corsair 700 watt  u think if u buy this 700 watt power supply i will have problem for reason following more voltage take flame my pc or destroy my pc components

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

It depends on your system, and whether the power supply is good quality. Wattage isn't everything.

u mean is quality ok if i use any kinda wattage i will not have problem is corsair v700 

and can u help me little bit with this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

in tier five i don understand this company is worst and create danger psu u know what i mean or good in site up tomshardware

2 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

u mean is quality ok if i use any kinda wattage i will not have problem is corsair v700 

and can u help me little bit with this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

in tier five i don understand this company is worst and create danger psu u know what i mean or good in site up tomshardware

Tier five is the worst you could possibly get while tier one is the best.

In your case i would get a Tier one 700 Watt PSU.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

4 minutes ago, Sportiva said:

Tier five is the worst you could possibly get while tier one is the best.

In your case i would get a Tier one 700 Watt PSU.

ok thank you for the information 

7 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

If I understand you right, your current power supply is a 500W unit in tier 5 on that list? And you want to upgrade to a Corsair VS700?

You definitely need to get rid of the current unit if it's in tier 5. Corsair VS isn't that great either, though certainly a lot safer than anything in tier 5. Whether it needs to be 700W depends on your system. It's possible your system doesn't need that much, and then you can spend the money on getting higher quality instead of higher wattage.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

If I understand you right, your current power supply is a 500W unit in tier 5 on that list? And you want to upgrade to a Corsair VS700?

You definitely need to get rid of the current unit if it's in tier 5. Corsair VS isn't that great either, though certainly a lot safer than anything in tier 5. Whether it needs to be 700W depends on your system. It's possible your system doesn't need that much, and then you can spend the money on getting higher quality instead of higher wattage.

no bruh actually i want buy i never had pc i want create i find motherboard gpu cpu with 30 and i try find psu cheap but i saw this list on tomshardware and i don understand  the tier five what he said tier five i find one psu in ebay near my hometown netherland  is 700 watt i fear this my components don take fire for more voltage my rig is under 500 wat but this psu is on auction 15euro is good look's like is sry now i saw is cooler master v700 700watt complet modular

Cooler Master V700 is a very good power supply. :)

I still don't know what the rest of your system is, but if you're using a single graphics card then the Cooler Master V700 is almost certainly going to be fine. Whereas some random piece of junk 500W unit could damage your hardware.

15 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Cooler Master V700 is a very good power supply. :)

I still don't know what the rest of your system is, but if you're using a single graphics card then the Cooler Master V700 is almost certainly going to be fine. Whereas some random piece of junk 500W unit could damage your hardware.

my rig mother board  https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/P965_NeoF_V2.html#hero-overview

and one gt 630 msi videocard  one cpu dual core 2.66ghz this i got right now 

This has to be some serious trolling; varying wattage will not be more hazardous than another wattage. The power supply won't even use anywhere near that wattage with your low specs. Your system probably consumes under 200 watts with those specs. So if your only using 200 watts, and you buy an 80+ PSU; you'd have the lower end of the efficiency; generally the peak of efficiency is on 50% load; however it only varies a few percent. You'd probably have 78% efficiency on a 80+ rated unit. So you'd only pull 256 watts from the wall on load. The PSU will be running at room temperature. It will only be at a 27% load; and will not pose any threat to anything; unless you buy an already broken PSU.

9 minutes ago, chaython said:

This has to be some serious trolling; varying wattage will not be more hazardous than another wattage. The power supply won't even use anywhere near that wattage with your low specs. Your system probably consumes under 200 watts with those specs. So if your only using 200 watts, and you buy an 80+ PSU; you'd have the lower end of the efficiency; generally the peak of efficiency is on 50% load; however it only varies a few percent. You'd probably have 78% efficiency on a 80+ rated unit. So you'd only pull 256 watts from the wall on load. The PSU will be running at room temperature. It will only be at a 27% load; and will not pose any threat to anything; unless you buy an already broken PSU.

u mean is not safe to buy 700 watt psu

2 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

u mean is not safe to buy 700 watt psu

no i don is o cheap for only 15 i think and 5 euro for postage 

Stop trolling; I clearly said, the wattage doesn't affect safety at all!

2 minutes ago, chaython said:

Stop trolling; I clearly said, the wattage doesn't affect safety at all!

i trolling not i don know but ok haha u know what mean word trooling  dude i trooling or other people give me answer

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but i'm going to say this as clearly as possible, having a PSU that is overpowered for your components doesn't matter because the components will only use what they need what is really important is whether the PSU has enough wattage to power the parts and whether the PSU is of good quality. 

The components you have don't need much power so even a 400W PSU would be more than enough.