Newly built PC won't Post! (Bios maybe?)

Go to solution Solved by ItsTurbo,

Just checked your motherboards QVL for ram, it's incompatible, I had the same problem with my ASUS A68HM+... You will have to return the ram and look through the QVL to make sure your new ram is compatible.

TIPs: You DO NOT need 2133 MHz ram, the performance increase is NOT noticeable...

Also, Micro ATX board with an ATX Case? Just sayin, you may want a bigger board or smaller case, cool case tho. 

Straight and to the point! -

PC PARTS LIST: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sCRsYr

Newly built PC won't POST/BOOT UP/BEEP BEEP like our robot overlords should. When you remove and re-attach the cables from the screen to the motherboard you can tell it's doing something because the screen turns on but quickly reads "No signal" and then "No cables connected" when you disconnect it. 

What seems to be in working order:

- All USB 2.0 + 3.0 Ports (Peripherals clearly get power and I assume would work if I could FUCKING POST.)

- All Case/CPU/GPU fans are spinning vroom vroom

- The computer turns on*

Methods used to make a fowl attempt at fixing this fucking thing:

- Clearing the BIOS with the jumper = Didn't work

- Trying to POST while adding/removing one thing at a time (Removing GPU/RAM sticks, etc) = Didn't work

- Literally going down on my knees and praying to the LTT gods to help me = You get the point.

- Changing/moving parts around and using different screens & cables.

*Also, my computer turns on for about 3-4 minutes at a time then randomly performs a restart.

Just checked your motherboards QVL for ram, it's incompatible, I had the same problem with my ASUS A68HM+... You will have to return the ram and look through the QVL to make sure your new ram is compatible.

TIPs: You DO NOT need 2133 MHz ram, the performance increase is NOT noticeable...

Also, Micro ATX board with an ATX Case? Just sayin, you may want a bigger board or smaller case, cool case tho. 

The case is fine, it's just a random case that I had laying around. It looks fine and works, as for the RAM can you link me to one that IS compatible? Preferably 2 sticks of 4 and 4.

1 minute ago, TragedyPC said:

The case is fine, it's just a random case that I had laying around. It looks fine and works, as for the RAM can you link me to one that IS compatible? Preferably 2 sticks of 4 and 4.

So 2, 4GB sticks for a combined 8GB?

Both sticks combined for 8GB, I'd look through the list but while I am "skilled" in building the actual PC searching for parts is what I'm still a bit sketchy on. Preferably RAM that isn't pricey. I bought these for around $40-$60.

reset cmos. try it. if it doesn't work, shut down, run 1 stick of ram, reset cmos, boot.

Re-read my post, I said that I did all of that already. I'm going to try what CN Scorpion is suggesting, while I wanted it for today I don't mind having to wait 3 more days for amazon to deliver some more sticks.

It's not as pretty as the ones I have, but at this point all I'm looking for is results haha - I will purchase them as soon as I can and try them out, I'll let you know if it works out. Thank you very much for your time ^-^

1 minute ago, TragedyPC said:

It's not as pretty as the ones I have, but at this point all I'm looking for is results haha - I will purchase them as soon as I can and try them out, I'll let you know if it works out. Thank you very much for your time ^-^

:)