Confused about the concept of printer-sharing

I purchased a TP-Link Archer D7 a couple of days ago and ever since, I've been exploring the various features it offers; one of them which is very eye catchy is the printer sharing.

I read about it in the user manual and it said: you could share your printer over the network with other devices.

I successfully installed and shared the printer over the USB port of the router and I was able to print from my laptop over a wireless connection.

Now here are my questions:

• Can I print while my PC (The one which defined the printer for the router) is shut down?
  • Can I print a document from my android device which is connected to the router?
  • Is the purpose of "Printer-Sharing", being able to share the printer over the network without connecting the printer to the PC?
  • Is the printer-sharing feature in the router the same as the wireless-equipped printers?

I'm the Whole New Level of Freak!

1 minute ago, neemasa said:

-SNIP-

It's a simple way of setting up a network printer if your printer doesn't have the networking option, as for printing it will work regardless if your main PC is on as long as the router is functioning and the printer is able to communicate it will work. As for printing on phone that is possible but that usually depends on the software or app side of things.