Shipping gaming PC - help!

I'm moving to California from New York in a few days and want to ship my gaming PC:

ASRock Extreme4 motherboard

i5-3570k

8GB RAM

Samsung 840 SSD

R9 280X GPU

700W PSU

Hyper 212 EVO Cooler

I'm not a big fan of removing parts and shipping them separately since I am not very good with re-building PC's if I have to disassemble it (I have had help with them in the past). I've been reading the horror stories with UPS and in some cases FedEx.  Price is not a factor for me in shipping.  How do I pack and ship this thing? Should I leave it to them to pack and get insurance? Or should I get some really thick bubble wrap and layer it around the desktop so it hardly moves?  Any help is appreciated!

*EDIT: I do need to ship dual monitors, too

If you still have the box the case came in, then I would say ship it in that. If you are going to be shipping it on your own, I would put paper and other soft things on the inside of the case so that when you are shipping parts arnt moving about. More packaging material the better for safety purposes.

Remove the graphics card before shipping. Even if well packed the graphics card can still damage the PCIE slot in transit. It is very easy to plug it back in.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

you should definitely remove the GPU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You may also remove cpu + cpu cooler, and cover the socket with something that can protect it, because if a pin gets fucked, you get fucked D: .

Main Rig: CPU: A10-7850K(+stock cooler) / MB: some random FM2+ OEM / GPU: GTX 660 / RAM: 16 GB-1600 mhz / PSU: CORSAIR VS650 / HDD: 1 TB WD Blue (games) + 1 TB SEAGATE (series/other) / SSD: KINGSTONE V300 128GB (OS) / OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits / CASE: Corsair 200R

Secondary Rig: CPU: A8-6800k (+stock cooler) / MB: MSI A78M-E45 / GPU: Using integrated from the APU / RAM: 4 GB 1600mhz / PSU: 500W (Came with the case) / HDD: 2 TB WD Blue (Movies) + External 4 TB CASE: B-Move Thyra

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB / Mouse: Mars MM2 / Mousepad: Extended Tecknet (90x45x.3cm) Monitors: Asus VX248-HW (23") + Dell s2208wb (22") / Speakers: Logitech Z213

Extras: Phone: OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black /CM13 Nightlies

20 minutes ago, WhiteManito said:

You may also remove cpu + cpu cooler, and cover the socket with something that can protect it, because if a pin gets fucked, you get fucked D: .

No need to remove the CPU. Maybe the CPU cooler depending on how heavy it is (if it's air).

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

1 hour ago, IskanderEXC said:

If you still have the box the case came in, then I would say ship it in that. If you are going to be shipping it on your own, I would put paper and other soft things on the inside of the case so that when you are shipping parts arnt moving about. More packaging material the better for safety purposes.

I do not have the box - I will be buying a box that fits the size of the desktop - about 3 inches larger than the desktop for extra fluff and packaging.

55 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

Remove the graphics card before shipping. Even if well packed the graphics card can still damage the PCIE slot in transit. It is very easy to plug it back in.

I don't have any of the original packaging - what do I put the graphics card in since it's bare?

30 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

No need to remove the CPU. Maybe the CPU cooler depending on how heavy it is (if it's air).

I'm not savvy with building much - so, the cooler installation was very tedious as it was a Hyper 212 EVO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&cm_re=hyper_212_evo-_-35-103-099-_-Product

15 hours ago, WhiteManito said:

Not really. As long as the pin is only bent and not broken, I've heard you can right it with the tip of a mechanical pencil. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

15 hours ago, WhiteManito said:

Not really. As long as the pin is only bent and not broken, I've heard you can right it with the tip of a mechanical pencil. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

I had a friend move across the country again not too long ago. He just paid for a couple portable storage containers to ship everything in. Was really easy. Truck dropped the containers off, we packed them (computers and all), truck picked it up a couple days later, and it arrived at his new place a couple days after that.

19 hours ago, ricky86 said:

I don't have any of the original packaging - what do I put the graphics card in since it's bare?

put it in a brown paper bag and wrap that with aluminium foil. then throw it in whatever box fits

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558