air cooler

Tomic

hi im going back to air cooling after many problems with water (mainly the noise) so i was looking at the noctua nh d15 but im open to recommendations 

TIA Tomic

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

5 minutes ago, Tomic said:

hi im going back to air cooling after many problems with water (mainly the noise) so i was looking at the noctua nh d15 but im open to recommendations 

TIA Tomic

I feel like the bang for buck is CoolerMaster Hyper Evo 212. Then again, I'm not an extreme overclocker. I'd suggest watching youtube videos on the subject. There's alot of good content about which are the best ones, and common airflow configuration (case fans and cooler fans)

5 minutes ago, greaves1111 said:

I feel like the bang for buck is CoolerMaster Hyper Evo 212

not rlly, the 212 EVO is loud and bulky, with the performance being marginal CRYORIG C7 is a good option for budget and high performance

dark rock pro 3 is nice

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 minutes ago, IskanderEXC said:

not rlly, the 212 EVO is loud and bulky, with the performance being marginal CRYORIG C7 is a good option for budget and high performance

Agreed, it isn't the quietest option out there. My case/cpu fan setup is basically a hum. I don't think he's worried about bulk if he's looking at the Noctura NH-D15! There's plenty of SP fan options out there if dead silence is the objective. Just my 2c :)

@Enderman do you have experience with this cooler

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

5 minutes ago, Tomic said:

@Enderman do you have experience with this cooler

ive had experience with other people who have had experience with this cooler

and its a bit hard to mount but looks awesome and performs almost as well as a NH-D15

of course pretty much all tower coolers are hard to mount

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ok will probably go with that also its £20 cheaper than the noctua so that's good