My plan for Gaming, AutoCad, 3d rendering and PS

iamclark

I would like to ask about my PC build if it would be alright for PC gaming,AutoCad, 3d rendering and for Photoshop. Really want a small pc so that i could carry it easily.

PC:

Case : Bitfenix Prodigy (mitx case)

Mb : Asus P8Z77 i-deluxe / Asrock Z77E-ITX

Ram : DDR3 8gb 1600 (i think crucial ballistix is fitting for my budget)

GPU : undecided (can give me some advice for this)

CPU : i5-3570K

PSU : 600W Silent Pro. Cooler Master.

HDD : 1tb

SSD : 1pc. corsair 120g

is planning to use HD100i corsair just for the CPU cooler..

Hope to receive your tips about my PC build..

thanks

3D rendering ? I'd recommend a 3770k at least, pretty much all renderers are multi-threaded. There are some GPU renderers, but they require workstation cards to work properly.

But the 3570k is still alright?? because the 3770k would be a bit expensive for me.. but i am still saving for the additional changes though.. about the mobo which would you prefer??

$370 will be the budget for my GPU.. thanks!

Vouch on the i7

Which corsair ssd did you have in mind? Id only buy their Neutron and maybe the GT. Yoi could also get intel, samsung, ocz and kingston

ID choose another psu like the xfx 550w

You may want to consider 16gb ram

Get a 660 ti at least. Autocad is optimized for nvidia

Vouch on the i7

Which corsair ssd did you have in mind? Id only buy their Neutron and maybe the GT. Yoi could also get intel, samsung, ocz and kingston

ID choose another psu like the xfx 550w

You may want to consider 16gb ram

Get a 660 ti at least. Autocad is optimized for nvidia

What is your budget and which country are you in?

But the 3570k is still alright?? because the 3770k would be a bit expensive for me.. but i am still saving for the additional changes though.. about the mobo which would you prefer??

$370 will be the budget for my GPU.. thanks!

It's alright, sure, it's a good CPU anyway, but then you should consider overclocking it, especially if you're planning on getting a H100i.

I don't know If I'd go the H100i in the Prodigy unless you are both an experience builder as well as plan on downloading all your software or using an external drive. Installing the H100i means you can't use the 5.25" bay and if you've got all your programs on disk then you'll need an external drive. Also as I mentioned, the H100i makes for a tight fit in the Prodigy - just something to think about.

Another point of change would be to go for the Silverstone Strider Plus 600w PSU + the short cable kit. A fully modular PSU + a short cable kit will make your life so much easier in a mini ITX build. That PSU and cable kit is off the top of my head about $130. I personally also trust Silverstone PSU's a lot more than I trust CoolerMaster's PSU's - just on personal experience.

I don't think you'd need a H100i in that system, maybe go for the H80i? And if you're doing rendering/AutoCad and PS work, I'd go for more Ram, and an Nvidia GPU since AutoCad is optimized for Nvidia, like NewKID said.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I've built a few CAD workstations in the past and I highly suggest you cut back on some components and add to others.

I also recommend you go with the i7 3770 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD and for GFX go with GTX 670 if budget allows.

In the last WS I used the Galaxy GTX 670 GC and the parts listed above and worked like a dream. 120GB is getting pretty small for a a machine of this caliber.

GL.

Corsair 800D - Corsair HX 1000 - Gigabyte X58A-UD5 - Intel Core i7 975 Extreme - Corsair H100 - Palit GTX 480 - 12GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz - Samsung 830 240GB - Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23" IPS

It would be hard for me to cut back some of the components and buy the i7 3770 but i will be overclocking the i5 3570k so i think it would a bit alright and i think i can go 16g Ram if i will buy the GTX 660 ti because the 670 is a bit expensive.. :D the 3d rendering would be a few projects only.. i would only focus on CAD though!

I'm from the Philippines.. I am still checking the prices of each item that you guys suggested..

Case : Bitfenix Prodigy (mitx case)

Mb : Asus P8Z77 i-deluxe / Asrock Z77E-ITX

Ram : DDR3 16gb 1600 from 8gb (ballistic)

GPU : GTX 660 ti

CPU : i5-3570K (will overclock)

PSU : Silverstone Strider 600w

HDD : 1tb

SSD : samsung 840 250gb ssd (if possible)

made some changes.. I would really like to know is about the mobo.. which is better?? I have read and watch some reviews on the internet..

Thanks

I don't know If I'd go the H100i in the Prodigy unless you are both an experience builder as well as plan on downloading all your software or using an external drive. Installing the H100i means you can't use the 5.25" bay and if you've got all your programs on disk then you'll need an external drive. Also as I mentioned, the H100i makes for a tight fit in the Prodigy - just something to think about.

Another point of change would be to go for the Silverstone Strider Plus 600w PSU + the short cable kit. A fully modular PSU + a short cable kit will make your life so much easier in a mini ITX build. That PSU and cable kit is off the top of my head about $130. I personally also trust Silverstone PSU's a lot more than I trust CoolerMaster's PSU's - just on personal experience.

Yes. i have checked the price and reviews for the silverstone strider and it is nice.. I would definitely be sleeving the cables though so that it would look nice and neat also.. :D

I am planning to put some of the saved files on my external and laptop for presentation..

Hey iamclark, the Asus P8Z77 i-deluxe has been discontinued and replaced with the P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD. I would definitely take the ASUS over the Asrock any day :)

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131932&nm_mc=OTC-PricebatCA&cm_mmc=OTC-PricebatCA-_-Motherboards+-+Intel-_-ASUS-_-13131932

TheSamsung 840 Pro Series are the only once you should look at in the Samsung line up. If you can get your hands on a Plextor M5P SSD would be even better.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820249027

Cheers.

Corsair 800D - Corsair HX 1000 - Gigabyte X58A-UD5 - Intel Core i7 975 Extreme - Corsair H100 - Palit GTX 480 - 12GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz - Samsung 830 240GB - Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23" IPS