Liquid and Air?

poggwea

Able to liquid cool 1080 whilst keep the Original air cooling piece on it for aesthetics?

Corsairs 1080 seems to have accomplished this. I want to know if i can do it with something like an EK waterblock

4 minutes ago, Oppslia said:

Able to liquid cool 1080 whilst keep the Original air cooling piece on it for aesthetics?

Corsairs 1080 seems to have accomplished this. I want to know if i can do it with something like an EK waterblock

You mean like this?

ASUS-ROG-Poseidon-GTX-980-Ti.jpg

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

9 minutes ago, Oppslia said:

@iiNNeX Yes like that

Well in that case you need to wait for the Asus Poseidon version of the card. As far as I know they are the only ones who do a full cover block with fans on top of that too.

12 minutes ago, Oppslia said:

Doesnt corsair have one?

@iiNNeX Doesn't Corsair have one? And are they closed loop? Or can I add them to my existing loop?

1 minute ago, Oppslia said:

@iiNNeX Doesn't Corsair have one? And are they closed loop? Or can I add them to my existing loop?

Pretty sure the Corsair one is a closed loop, and it is not a full block waterblock under it, just the GPU block.

The Poseidon as far as I know is a full card block. Sadly it comes out very late in the card's life time and costs a lot too, so not sure if it's worth it over just a normal gpu block from the likes of EK

19 minutes ago, Oppslia said:

I think you could just put an AIO block on the card, and just use the air cooler to cover for aesthetics. Getting the stock cooler to work in hybrid setup is some modding I have no idea where to start with.

I tried with maxwell reference cooler and EK blocks.  I can tell you that you won't be able to do this with the FE cooler.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I tried with maxwell reference cooler and EK blocks.  I can tell you that you won't be able to do this with the FE cooler.

FE cooler? You mean the preinstalled one?

2 minutes ago, Oppslia said:

FE cooler? You mean the preinstalled one?

Founders Edition (reference cooler)

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Is there a possibility it could work with the new cards they have coming out? the non FE versions?