Need help ! My PC keeps crashing/Freezing/bs while Gaming!

Kevin924

Hi There!

My PC is constantly Crashing or Freezing while Gaming and I have no idea whats causing it.. 

It mostly happens on Graphic intense games (NFS 2k15 it crashes every 5 to 10 min) and nearly newer on games like LoL and games like that.

At first i thought my GC (Gainward GTX570) was the problem, it served me well a couple years but it couldn't keep up anymore with newer games so i changed it to an Asus GTX960 4GB but it doesn't fixed the crashes..

My system specs are:

Mobo: Asus P8P67

Ram: Corsair 2x 4GB 1600Mhz

CPU: I7 2600K

GPU: GTX570 1.2GB (old)  GTX960 4GB (new)

PSU: 650W (dont remember Manufacturer) 

CPU Cooling: Freezer 13 something like that really cheap air cooling

Storage: Samsung 830 SSD 128gb + 500GB HDD

Couples years ago i did a Mobo bios update it did the update but since then my pc doesn't turn off anymore everything turn off screen keybord etc.. but my pc fans and the light in my pc keeps on for ever i have to shut it down by long press of the power button. i dont know if i wreaked my Mobo and the freezes are caused by this ????

i also did a Ram Test couples weeks ago (build in in windows) and it told me that everything was okay.

Someone has an idea what causes the problem..?

moved to troubleshooting

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Kevin924 said:

Couples years ago i did a Mobo bios update it did the update but since then my pc doesn't turn off anymore everything turn off screen keybord etc.. but my pc fans and the light in my pc keeps on for ever i have to shut it down by long press of the power button. i dont know if i wreaked my Mobo and the freezes are caused by this ????

Try resetting the CMOS on your motherboard. You can do this by completely disconnecting your PC from the power outlet and then removing the battery from your motherboard for about 10-20 minutes and letting it completely drain (you might need to use a flat head screw drive or some other tool to push the battery cap down). I'd strongly recommend (if it's old) getting a new battery but you can use the old one in the motherboard once it's drained. After you have reset the CMOS you should then download the newest motherboard update.

10 hours ago, MDH said:

Try resetting the CMOS on your motherboard. You can do this by completely disconnecting your PC from the power outlet and then removing the battery from your motherboard for about 10-20 minutes and letting it completely drain (you might need to use a flat head screw drive or some other tool to push the battery cap down). I'd strongly recommend (if it's old) getting a new battery but you can use the old one in the motherboard once it's drained. After you have reset the CMOS you should then download the newest motherboard update.

okay i'm gonna try it.

1 hour ago, Kevin924 said:

okay i'm gonna try it.

Cool, tell me if it works!

Just now, MDH said:

Cool, tell me if it works!

so i did it and put a new battery in and voilà pc shuts off again xD

now i didn't play since so i don't know if my crashes are gone to but i guess not we'll see

10 hours ago, Kevin924 said:

so i did it and put a new battery in and voilà pc shuts off again xD

now i didn't play since so i don't know if my crashes are gone to but i guess not we'll see

Awesome, you might still get the crashes when you play video games, sounds like it's a seperate issue. Are all of your drivers up to date?

19 hours ago, MDH said:

Awesome, you might still get the crashes when you play video games, sounds like it's a seperate issue. Are all of your drivers up to date?

I think this fixed my crashes too i played couples hours yesterday and today and it seems to be fine now not a single crash or anything everything works great i'll see over time but for now it's great thank you !! :D

1 hour ago, Kevin924 said:

I think this fixed my crashes too i played couples hours yesterday and today and it seems to be fine now not a single crash or anything everything works great i'll see over time but for now it's great thank you !! :D

All good man! Glad it helped! :D