What controller would I need for this?

spwath

I found this really cheap, what controller would I need, I cant seem to find one

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5621137572.html

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 minute ago, spwath said:

THat says its a controller for phantom 2, so idk if it would work

probably use the same receivers 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/162067786317?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-controller-transmitter-DJ6-California/dp/B00LDFB79O

the amazon description says that the controller works with dji phantom 1 & 2 so I guess if you can find a dji phantom 2 controller should work 

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

Phantoms use their own proprietary transmitters, I'm not sure if they're backwards compatible with previous generations of phantoms. I would ask around RCgroups, or ask DJI support.

Why doesn't that phantom include a transmitter? Also the generational leaps from the phantom 1 to the 2 and 3 are pretty dramatic, from better GPS, auto hold, gimbal, etc etc. DJI builds photography and videography tools, not toys so keep that in mind if you buy a phantom.

-edit- yay, 1,800th post.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Phantoms use their own proprietary transmitters, I'm not sure if they're backwards compatible with previous generations of phantoms. I would ask around RCgroups, or ask DJI support.

Why doesn't that phantom include a transmitter? Also the generational leaps from the phantom 1 to the 2 and 3 are pretty dramatic, from better GPS, auto hold, gimbal, etc etc. DJI builds photography and videography tools, not toys so keep that in mind if you buy a phantom.

-edit- yay, 1,800th post.

Says it's broken.

Yeah ik. I might just resell it anyway, I'm getting it really cheap, 50$. But it could be useful for stone videoing.

Says it's broken.

Yeah ik. I might just resell it anyway, I'm getting it really cheap, 50$. But it could be useful for stone videoing.

Do you know how to fly?

ASU

13 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Do you know how to fly?

No. But i could learn, 50$ plus a say 30$ controller is cheap.

28 minutes ago, spwath said:

No. But i could learn, 50$ plus a say 30$ controller is cheap.

That's true, but I've found that it's better to learn on a cheap, small thing than dive into a larger quad out the gate. You also have to consider why this quad is being sold for $50. This thing probably retailed for $500 plus the cost of the gimbal, which is from Zenmuse which does not equal cheap, so my instincts say there's something wrong with it.

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

That's true, but I've found that it's better to learn on a cheap, small thing than dive into a larger quad out the gate. You also have to consider why this quad is being sold for $50. This thing probably retailed for $500 plus the cost of the gimbal, which is from Zenmuse which does not equal cheap, so my instincts say there's something wrong with it.

Well the controller is broken so.

Well the controller is broken so.

That's like 1/5 of the issue here. Phantoms are a bitch to work on, so if something is broken, say, the flight controller, it's a pain in the ass to fix it yourself or have someone else fix it.

ASU