why does my pc not start with my blue snowball plugged in

TheHappyJarhead

so guys, after purchasing a new mobo a few weeks ago after my other ones 2nd pcie decided to die a couple of days before i got my 2nd gpu, I have had this issue where if i leave my usb blue snowball ice plugged in as i try to boot, my pc black screens and i get no signal. If i then remove it i have a black screen my pc reboots and it works, then i have to put the mic back in, what could be the cause of this?

Trying to boot from usb?

Go into the bios and check your boot order

windows 10?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 minutes ago, Enderman said:

windows 10?

Dude he is saying that he is getting black screen. At this point BIOS can't even start. It has nothing to do with OS. Something to do with BIOS or bad motherboard.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

1 minute ago, kameshss said:

Dude he is saying that he is getting black screen. At this point BIOS can't even start. It has nothing to do with OS. Something to do with BIOS or bad motherboard.

i had a similar issue with windows 7

and guess when the black screen was?

AFTER BIOS

so stop making assumptions because OP never said when the black screen was

and btw upgrading to windows 10 fixed the issue

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

im thinking i need a bios update, but... i got this motherboard about 3 weeks ago and the latest bios was december i believe, so surely my bios is the latest.

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

i had a similar issue with windows 7

and guess when the black screen was?

AFTER BIOS

so stop making assumptions because OP never said when the black screen was

and btw upgrading to windows 10 fixed the issue

black screen is automatically and i get the message "no signal detected, as soon as i pull the mic out, it then goes to the bios loading screen and boots.

this is on windows 8.1 pro

2 minutes ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

black screen is automatically and i get the message "no signal detected, as soon as i pull the mic out, it then goes to the bios loading screen and boots.

this is on windows 8.1 pro

does it happen in all USB ports?

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

does it happen in all USB ports?

yep, im going to try the mic on our lasses pc, if it does it on hers well then, my mics gone crazy.

its deffo the motherboard, my girlfriends pc loaded up perfectly the first time no black screens, as i say it first happened with my new mobo.

2 minutes ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

yep, im going to try the mic on our lasses pc, if it does it on hers well then, my mics gone crazy.

I don't know what could be the problem here. Try updating the BIOS if there is any. Else you should RMA your board.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

i dont have a spare to use so going to have to try update bios etc, i really dislike this mobos bios, its so complicated and hard to find stuff, my old msi was much better, but rip pcie slot.

i also get this bull issue where it kicks me off the internet and says "intel wireless service isnt running on this pc" maybe its time for win 10, although i hate it.