G100s vs Rival 100

djdelarosa25

AM010 vs 3059?

Also, which would be a better fit for a small-handed claw grip user?

I had a steel series mouse for 1 day. was way too big for my hands. the buttons on the left - the back button was too long and it stopped where the second button should have stopped. took it back and got a g502. so my thoughts for a smaller mouse would be the gs100.

edit: never tried or saw the gs100......... and I wear an extra large glove to give you an idea of mouse size.

3 hours ago, LabRat said:

I had a steel series mouse for 1 day. was way too big for my hands. the buttons on the left - the back button was too long and it stopped where the second button should have stopped. took it back and got a g502. so my thoughts for a smaller mouse would be the gs100.

edit: never tried or saw the gs100......... and I wear an extra large glove to give you an idea of mouse size.

I'm assuming that was the Rival 300, indeed that thing is massive. The rival 100 is smaller.

3 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

AM010 vs 3059?

Also, which would be a better fit for a small-handed claw grip user?

I have rather small hands, I've tried the Rival 100, although didn't purchase it as i have several high-end gaming mice. As for the tracking of the Rival 100, it was actually very good, the only problem being that the lift-off distance is set a bit higher than other mice. As a budget gaming mice it is definitely one of the best, however, as due to the low price, the build quality is lacking compared to their flagship model Rival 300. Between the 2, i would go Rival 100 as it is the newer mice with a great sensor and shape. Its often listed as the best budget gaming mice by Tech Youtubers. G100s is a rather old mice and i don't see any new mice being released with 3059 sensor, its not a bad mice, but compared to the new lineups, its lacking. Also G100s doesn't seem to have side buttons, which i use for microphone talk in CSGO. I think the Gigabyte XM300 is very similarly priced with the Rival 100, but with the 3988 sensor, 1 of the best high end gaming sensor but it is quite large in shape and also made by a company that normally doesn't produce gaming peripherals. Rival 100 is a good solid choice to play with casually, but i would strongly recommend you watch some review videos on youtube.

if you go to the 100's site you'll see it's 5+ inches long. seems like it's the same size as the 300.

20 minutes ago, LabRat said:

if you go to the 100's site you'll see it's 5+ inches long. seems like it's the same size as the 300.

It's actually 4.6, which is more or less the same size and shape as my shitty A4Tech mouse that I've been using for a while now (but still fits my hand perfectly)

we must have looked at something different. still pretty big and then there's the side button thing. whatever.

I have the Rival 100 and the Rival 300. Rival 100 is pretty small for me (I have big hands and play palm) but I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I actually really like it more than I thought I would. I haven't had any issues with the sensor (I play CS:GO at a high level) and it is pretty comfortable. Steelseries software is easy to use too. Only issue I've really had is that the DPI goes: 250, 500, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 4000. The Rival 300 was much more granular, so switching from 400DPI on the Rival 300 to 500 DPI on the Rival 100 took a day or 2 to adjust to (had to change sensitivity in game, etc). 

I haven't used the Logitech mouse but thats the best info I can give to you about the Rival 100 ;)

1 hour ago, ohitsluca said:

I have the Rival 100 and the Rival 300. Rival 100 is pretty small for me (I have big hands and play palm) but I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and I actually really like it more than I thought I would. I haven't had any issues with the sensor (I play CS:GO at a high level) and it is pretty comfortable. Steelseries software is easy to use too. Only issue I've really had is that the DPI goes: 250, 500, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000, 4000. The Rival 300 was much more granular, so switching from 400DPI on the Rival 300 to 500 DPI on the Rival 100 took a day or 2 to adjust to (had to change sensitivity in game, etc). 

I haven't used the Logitech mouse but thats the best info I can give to you about the Rival 100 ;)

Thank you, I think I'll go with the 100 :). I've read things about the LOD being high, is it a real issue?

16 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Thank you, I think I'll go with the 100 :). I've read things about the LOD being high, is it a real issue?

Not that I've personally noticed, but to be honest I have never changed my LOD even when Ive used mice capable of it. 

16 hours ago, ohitsluca said:

Not that I've personally noticed, but to be honest I have never changed my LOD even when Ive used mice capable of it. 

I see. Thanks for the feedback :)