I've found the place to put it, but I don't know which way it is supposed to go. Where in the case do I put it? Is it just supposed to drag in the case, or can I tie it up. Please help.

Troll? Why would you need it in a PC?

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

4 minutes ago, THANATOS IXU said:

I've found the place to put it, but I don't know which way it is supposed to go. Where in the case do I put it? Is it just supposed to drag in the case, or can I tie it up. Please help.

It's basically a temp probe you can place it on a heatsink or say a radiator, I personally use them for rad temps. Just make sure you have the correct rated thermistor for the two pin input. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

It's basically a temp probe you can place it on a heatsink or say a radiator, I personally use them for rad temps. Just make sure you have the correct rated thermistor for the two pin input. 

It's the one that came with my asus deluxe x99 motherboard. It has a place to put it in, but is it really needed? There's a connection port on the motherboard. Is there a specific way I have to connect it? (Btw, if you couldn't tell, this is my first time building a computer, so this is very confusing for me).

11 minutes ago, THANATOS IXU said:

It's the one that came with my asus deluxe x99 motherboard. It has a place to put it in, but is it really needed? There's a connection port on the motherboard. Is there a specific way I have to connect it? (Btw, if you couldn't tell, this is my first time building a computer, so this is very confusing for me).

It's not specific to a certain direction like LED's but it's not absolutely necessary to install it since it's just a nice option they include if you want something like that. A good example is using it in custom cooling and getting a thermistor that you can use as a plug to monitor fluid temps. 

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's not specific to a certain direction like LED's but it's not absolutely necessary to install it since it's just a nice option they include if you want something like that. A good example is using it in custom cooling and getting a thermistor that you can use as a plug to monitor fluid temps. 

So it's only really useful for liquid cooling? I don't need it if I'm air cooling right?

2 minutes ago, THANATOS IXU said:

So it's only really useful for liquid cooling? I don't need it if I'm air cooling right?

Not necessarily, it's up to how you use it or not use it, a good example is having it as your intake temps right in front of the case. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Not necessarily, it's up to how you use it or not use it, a good example is having it as your intake temps right in front of the case. 

Oh, ok.

another quick question: where do I connect the comm port? There is a usb and 12C comm port versions, but I don't know where to plug them in on my board. What do I do?

12 minutes ago, THANATOS IXU said:

Oh, ok.

another quick question: where do I connect the comm port? There is a usb and 12C comm port versions, but I don't know where to plug them in on my board. What do I do?

By comm port do you mean, serial port like this, cause most boards don't have them anymore as they are out of date now:

serial_port.jpg

1 minute ago, W-L said:

By comm port do you mean, serial port like this, cause most boards don't have them anymore as they are out of date now:

serial_port.jpg

No, one is a usb, and the other is a some sort of pin that is really really smallimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

11 minutes ago, W-L said:

serial_port.jpg

Sorry, it glitched out. Here is what I'm talking about.

image.jpg

1 minute ago, THANATOS IXU said:

Sorry, it glitched out. Here is what I'm talking about.

Well the one on the left is the USB but where does the one on the right lead to? I don't think I've seen that before, it looks almost like those mini molex fan connectors on a GPU. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well the one on the left is the USB but where does the one on the right lead to? I don't think I've seen that before, it looks almost like those mini molex fan connectors on a GPU. 

They each correspond to a different type of comm port. I'll show you what my psu looks like.

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, THANATOS IXU said:

They each correspond to a different type of comm port. I'll show you what my psu looks like.

Oh ok it's Corsair Link the cable you have the small one of the left is suppose to connect to an interface for the Corsair link. This here shows it well:

pCA3bqz.jpg?1

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

Oh ok it's Corsair Link the cable you have the small one of the left is suppose to connect to an interface for the Corsair link. This here shows it well:

pCA3bqz.jpg?1

I have the corsair h115i so it's a usb. What do I do about the cable then? Also, since it uses a usb connection, I currently do not have enough to plug the psu usb into the mobo. Any way around this?

4 minutes ago, THANATOS IXU said:

I have the corsair h115i so it's a usb. What do I do about the cable then? Also, since it uses a sub connection, I currently do not have enough to plug the psu usb into the mobo. Any way around this?

For the 4 Pin connection you need to use an interface adapter but it looks like your have the option for a mini USB connection so if you can get another mini USB to internal USB that should work for the PSU. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

For the 4 Pin connection you need to use an interface adapter but it looks like your have the option for a mini USB connection so if you can get another mini USB to internal USB that should work for the PSU. 

It's a three pin and my motherboard support that as the cpu header. The problem is that the connection for the cpu cooler and mobo is micro usb to internal usb. I have three internal ubs's and only two connections. Does that clarify a little better?