Google Calendar API in Android Programming (Eclipse/Java)

Okay so background, doing an internship under the CS department at my high school and my job is to make an app that takes the calendar we have on our website (its a Google Calendar) and basically use the Google Calendar API in order to display the same information but on an Android phone. 

Has anyone ever used the Google Calendar API for Android? Is their any good documentation on it? My original plan was to use Github/Phonegap and use the JS version of the API, but that is only supported in browsers. I have done some work in C# so Java isn't super insane for me but I am not expert.

TL;DR:

1. Have you ever used the Google calendar API on Android? (What was your experience)

2. Do you know a good place where it is documented? (Have tried following the Google instructions, a little confused)

3. Is this not possible for whatever reason?(I am 99% sure its possible, and by possible, I mean doing this with the Gcalendar API into Android, no work around)

Yes, I know that there is applications out there that make this easier by letting you import Google calendars, but I was given this job I didn't choose it. The interns last year couldn't figure any of it out so now I am here trying to do it.